Calendar overview 1065
|Alfonso VI becomes king of Asturias and León .||Toste Godwinsson is expelled from Northumbria .|
|1065 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||513/514 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1608/09 (southern Buddhism); 1607/08 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||427/428 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||443/444 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||457/458 (December 2/3)|
|Jewish calendar||4825/26 (September 2/3)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1375/76 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1376/77 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1121/22 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Taifa kingdoms : The Berber dynasty of the Dhun-Nunids under Yahya I. al-Mamun conquered Valencia from the Amirids .
- After the death of King Ferdinand I , his empire is divided among his sons. Sancho II becomes King of Castile , in Asturias and León King Alfonso VI succeeds . his father on the throne, García receives Galicia .
Northern and Western Europe
- A revolt against Earl Tostig Godwinson breaks out in Northumbria . Since his brother, who later became King Harald II of England , refuses to support him, he has to go into exile in Norway , where King Harald Hardråde takes him in.
First documentary mentions
- First documented mention of Malsch and Albersweiler
- King Heinrich IV begins building the Great Harz Castle near the town of the same name.
- The Portuguese cities of Joane and Tourém are first mentioned in a document.
- May 1st : King Heinrich IV. Confirms the return of the church and its property in the " Villa Wisele ", today's Wesel , to the Echternach monastery with a certificate .
- December 28th : The consecration of Westminster Abbey takes place. At this point, King Edward the Confessor is already too sick to be able to attend the festivities.
Exact date of birth unknown
- Hugo von Flavigny , French Benedictine monk († after 1111)
- Stephan I , Count of Mâcon and Vienne († 1102 )
- Li Jie , Chinese architect († 1110 )
Born around 1065
- Agnes von Rheinfelden , Duchess of Zähringen († 1111 )
- Hugo VII , Lord of Lusignan and Crusader († 1151 )
- Koloman , King of Hungary, Croatia and Dalmatia († 1116 )
Date of death secured
- January 15th : Herrand , Bishop of Strasbourg
- February 7th : Siegfried I , Count of Spanheim, Margrave of the Hungarians and Gaugraf in Pustertal and Lavanttal (* around 1012 )
- February 24 : Werner III. , Count of Maden, in Neckargau and in Thurgau (* around 1042 )
- August 28 : Friedrich II. , Duke of Lower Lorraine (* around 1005 )
- December 27 : Ferdinand I ("the Great"), King of Castile and León (* 1018 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Ermengol III. , Count of Urgell (* 1032 )
- Sophie von Looz , first wife of Géza I of Hungary
- Thorfinn Sigurdsson , Jarl on Orkney (* around 1009 )