Calendar overview 1037
Harald I. Harefoot becomes
King of England .
|Adelheid von Metz founds the Canons' Monastery of Öhringen .|
|1037 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||485/486 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1580/81 (southern Buddhism); 1579/80 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||399/400 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||415/416 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||428/429 (October 13-14)|
|Jewish calendar||4797/98 (September 12-13)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1347/48 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1348/49 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1093/94 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire / Burgundy
- May 28 : With the Constitutio de feudis , Emperor Conrad II decreed that the fiefs in imperial Italy could be inherited by the lower nobility on his second Italian campaign in Cremona . The conflict between Archbishop Aribert of Milan and the Valvassors is thus temporarily settled.
- November 15 : In his fight against Emperor Konrad II , Count Odo II of Blois is on the Honol plain , between Bar and Verdun , from an imperial army led by Duke Gotzelo I of Lorraine , Bishop Reginhard of Liège and Count Albert II of Namur captured and defeated. Odo himself is killed on the run.
- Ferdinand I of Navarre defeats his brother-in-law Bermudo III. who attempted to retake his Navarre-occupied kingdom on the Rio Carrión. Bermudo falls and the Kingdom of León passes to his sister Sancha , who cedes the rulership rights to her husband.
- Santiago de Compostela is recaptured in the course of the Reconquista .
Byzantine Empire / Southern Italy
- The Byzantine general Georgios Maniakes recaptured parts of the island of Sicily from the Arabs. During this expedition he was supported by the Varangian Guard , which was led by Harald Hardrada at the time, but also by Norman mercenaries, including Hervé Phrangopoulos . Although the island is soon lost again to the Arabs, Maniake's successes later inspire other Normans to invade the island of their own .
Other events in Europe
- Harald I. Harefoot becomes King of England .
- September: Pons is born after the death of his father Wilhelm III. Count of Toulouse .
First documentary mentions
- First documentary mention of Bretzfeld , Ellhofen , Niedernhall , Öhringen , Pfieffe , Schwabbach , Schwäbisch Hall and Prunn Castle
- The Rothenstein Castle in Swabia is first mentioned in a document.
Religion and culture
- Foundation of the Canon Monastery in Öhringen by Bishop Gebhard III. and his mother Adelheid with the Öhringer foundation letter
- Bruno von Waldeck succeeds Sigebert Bishop of Minden, who died last year .
- After the death of Robert the Danes , Mauger becomes Archbishop of Rouen .
- Start of construction on the Kiev Cathedral of St. Sophia
- 1036 /1037: Andreas from the Hungarian race of Árpád married in exile in Kievan Rus , the princess Anastasia of Kiev .
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Alfonso VI , King of Castile and León († 1109 )
- Beatrix I , Abbess of Gandersheim and Quedlinburg († 1061 )
Date of death secured
- January 6th : Siegfried II of Stade , Count of Stade
- August 31 : Hugo of Burgundy , Bishop of Lausanne
- November 15 : Odo II , Count of Blois, Châteaudun, Chartres, Reims, Tours, Beauvais, Sancerre, Meaux and Troyes
- December 5th : Reginhard , Bishop of Liège, saint of the Catholic Church
Exact date of death unknown
- June: Avicenna , Persian doctor (father of modern medicine) (* around 980 )
- September: Wilhelm III. , Count of Toulouse
- Astrik , Czech clergyman, abbot and Hungarian archbishop of Gran
- ʿAbd al-Qāhir al-Baghdādī , Arab theologian and mathematician (* around 980 )
- Boleslav III. , Duke of Bohemia
- Bermudo III. , King of León (* 1017 )
- Robert (called the Dane) , Archbishop of Rouen and Count of Évreux (* around 970 )
- Tammo , Count in Hessengau and Astfala (* around 960 )
- Wilhelm V , Margrave of Provence
Died around 1037
- Farrochi , Persian poet