Calendar overview 1027
|Muri Monastery is founded.|
|1027 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||475/476 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1570/71 (southern Buddhism); 1569/70 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||389/390 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||417/418 (turn of the year 10/11 February)|
|Jewish calendar||4787/88 (September 3-4)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1337/38 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1338/39 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1083/84 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire
- March 26th : Pope John XIX. crowns Salier Konrad II and his wife Gisela von Schwaben as Emperor and Empress of the Holy Roman Empire in Rome . The magnificent coronation ceremony, which lasts over seven days, includes the Nordic King Canute the Great , King Rudolf III. von Burgundy , the Grand Abbot Odilo von Cluny and at least 70 high-ranking clergymen, such as the Archbishops of Cologne, Mainz, Trier, Magdeburg, Salzburg, Milan and Ravenna were present. Even Conrad's son and heir Henry has come to Italy .
- April 7th : Conrad II leaves Rome and moves to southern Italy and receives homage from the princes of Capua , Benevento and Salerno . Then he turns back north. It can be found in Ravenna on May 1st and in Brixen on May 31st .
- June 24th : Konrad II has his son Heinrich of the Bavarian great elected Duke of Bavaria at the court day in Regensburg .
- Beginning of July: In Augusburg the uprising of Dukes Ernst II of Swabia and Conrad II of Carinthia , which flared up again in spring, is discussed. Konrad submits in September, as does the Swabian Count Welf II. Ernst is deposed and imprisoned in Giebichenstein Castle .
First documentary mentions
- The Kalachakra Tantra of Tibetan Buddhism comes to Tibet.
- After Conrad II's coronation as emperor, 17 documents were issued, particularly for Italian monasteries and dioceses. On April 6, the centuries-old dispute between the Patriarchates of Aquileia and Grado was decided in favor of Poppo of Aquileia in the Lateran Basilica . The whole of Veneto is subordinated to the Church of Aquileia.
- 23 September and 24 September : Meeting of the Synod of Frankfurt in 1027 , which, among other things with the Gandersheimer dispute apart sets
- The Muri Monastery is founded.
Exact date of birth unknown
- Hermann IV. Von Saffenberg , count from the house of Saffenberg († 1091 )
- Potowa Rinchen Sel , teacher of the Kadam tradition of Tibetan Buddhism and founder of a monastery († 1105 )
- Svyatoslav II , Grand Duke of the Kievan Rus († 1076 )
Born around 1027
- Ernst , Margrave of Austria († 1075 )
- William the Conqueror , King of England and Duke of Normandy († 1087 )
Date of death secured
- June 19 : Romuald , saint and founder of the Camaldolese order (* around 951 )
- August 6 : Richard III. , Duke of Normandy (* around 1001 )
- October 15 : Aurelia von Regensburg , recluse at the Benedictine monastery of St. Emmeram near Regensburg, Catholic saint, according to legend, daughter of the French king Hugo Capet
- December 3 : Walter , Bishop of Speyer (* around 963 )
- December 24th : Hartwig II , Count Palatine of Bavaria and Count in the lower Salzburggau (* around 985 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Æthelwine of Wells , Bishop of Wells
- Amalrich I , Lord of Rancon, Gençay and Taillebourg
- Beorhtwine , Bishop of Wells
- Giorgi I , King of Georgia (* 996 )