Calendar overview 1091
|St. Paul Abbey in Lavanttal is founded.|
|1091 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||539/540 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1634/35 (southern Buddhism); 1633/34 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||453/454 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||469/470 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||483/484 (February 22-23)|
|Jewish calendar||4851/52 (September 15/16)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1401/02 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1402/03 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1147/48 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire / Imperial Italy
- After taking the city of Mantua on his second march to Italy after a year-long siege , Emperor Henry IV celebrates Easter there.
- February: The Normans under Roger I conquer the city of Noto, the last Muslim bastion on Sicily, and gain control of the island .
- April 29 : In the battle of levounion in the are Byzantine Empire collapsed Petchenegs by an army under Emperor I. Alexios and his ally, Cumanians repulsed.
Croatia / Hungary
- After the death of Stjepan II , troubled times began in the Kingdom of Croatia : Jelena the Beautiful , the wife of his predecessor Dmitar Zvonimir , succeeded in getting her brother, the Hungarian King Ladislaus , to take power in northern Croatia and his follower Álmos to become the king of this again Part of the country rises. But the Croatian nobleman Petar Svačić also lays claim to the throne.
First documentary mentions
- Bad Liebenzell , Emmendingen , Hirrlingen and Stettin are first mentioned in a document.
- The Zähringer build the castle of Freiburg im Breisgau .
- Synod of Benevento
- The St. Paul Abbey in Lavanttal is founded.
- In Hirsau is Monastery of St. Peter and Paul consecrated.
- September 18 : Andronikos Komnenos , Byzantine Prince († 1130 / 1131 )
- Hongzhi Zhengjue , Buddhist monk († 1157 )
Date of death secured
- July 5 : Wilhelm von Hirsau , abbot and monastery reformer (* around 1030 )
- August 8 : Altmann von Passau , founder of the monastery and bishop of the Diocese of Passau, saint (* around 1015 )
- December 19 : Adelaide of Susa , Marchioness of Turin (* 1014 / 1020 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Boson III. , Count of La Marche
- Hermann IV. , Count of Saffenberg (* 1027 )
- Judith the Elder , wife of Margrave Hermann I of Verona
- Ortoq , Turkmen governor of Seljuk-ruled Jerusalem
- Stjepan II , King of Croatia