Calendar overview 1093
Henry of Burgundy with ...
|Theresa of León , the Burgundy House in Portugal is built .|
|1093 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||541/542 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1636/37 (southern Buddhism); 1635/36 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||455/456 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||471/472 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||485/486 (January 31 / February 1)|
|Jewish calendar||4853/54 (23/24 September)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1403/04 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1404/05 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1149/50 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- November 13th : On the way back to Scotland from a meeting with the English King William II , the Scottish King Malcolm III. together with his son Edward at Alnwick by the Earl of Northumbria , Robert de Mowbray, whose lands he had recently devastated, lured into an ambush and killed. After Malcolm's death, his brother Donald III took over. and his son Edmund jointly ruled Scotland .
Other events in Europe
- Through the marriage of Henry of Burgundy with Theresa of León , the House of Burgundy was created in Portugal , from 1139 the first Portuguese royal dynasty .
- Robert II (later Robert of Jerusalem ) becomes Count of Flanders .
- In the Battle of Schmilau , the Saxons decisively defeat the Abodrites .
First documentary mentions
- first documentary mention of Berkheim (Biberach), Mülheim an der Ruhr and Odenhausen (Lumda) (Rabenau)
Religion and culture
- The Tibetan Langthang Monastery is founded.
- August 10 : The foundation stone for Durham Cathedral in the English city of Durham is laid under the first Prince-Bishop William of St. Carilef .
- With the establishment of the Ochsenhausen Monastery , the nucleus for the future city of Ochsenhausen was laid.
- The Wiblingen Monastery south of Ulm was founded by Count Hartmann and Otto von Kirchberg .
nature and environment
- The annular solar eclipse of September 23, 1093 is documented several times.
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Baldwin VII , Count of Flanders († 1119 )
- Dimitri I , King of Georgia († after 1158)
- Simon , Count of Sicily († 1105 )
- Theobald the Great , Count of Blois, Chartres, Meaux, Châteaudun and Sancerre, Lord of Amboise, Count of Troyes and Champagne († 1152 )
Born around 1093
- 1093 or 1094 : Konrad III. , Duke of Franconia, Roman-German King, King of Italy, King of Burgundy and a leader of the Second Crusade († 1152 )
Date of death secured
- February 2nd : Geoffroy de Montbray , Bishop of Coutances
- April 13 : Vsevolod I. Yaroslavich , Grand Prince of the Kievan Rus (* 1030 )
- June 21 : Sophia , Countess von Bar (* around 1018 )
- August 29 : Hugo I , Duke of Burgundy and Abbot of Cluny (* 1057 )
- November 13 : Malcolm III. , King of Scotland (* 1031 )
- November 16 : Margaret of Scotland , Anglican and Catholic Saints; Scottish Queen (* 1046/1047)
Exact date of death unknown
- August: Alain the Red , Baron of Richmond
- October: Robert I , Count of Holland, Count of Flanders (* around 1035 )
- Constance of Burgundy , Queen of León-Castile
- Iestyn ap Gwrgan , King of the Welsh Kingdom of Morgannwg
- Odo III. , Count of Champagne
- Olav the Quiet , King of Norway
- Robert of Rhuddlan , Norman knight and adventurer
- Rhys of Tudor , Prince of Deheubarth (Wales)
- Ulrich von Zell , Clunianzens monk and founder of the St. Ulrich monastery in the Black Forest (* around 1029 )