Calendar overview 1119
|Pope as Calixt II .||Prüfening consecration inscription is after the typographical principle created.|
|Battle of Brémule , King Henry I of England defeated the French King Louis VI. the fat one .|
|1119 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||567/568 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1662/63 (southern Buddhism); 1661/62 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||481/482 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||497/498 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||512/513 (April 13-14)|
|Jewish calendar||4879/80 (September 7/8)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1429/30 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1430/31 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1175/76 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- June 28 : A Muslim army under Ilghazi , the emir of Aleppo from the Ortoqid dynasty and Ibn al-Chashschab defeat the army of the crusaders from the principality of Antioch in the battle of Ager Sanguinis . Even Roger of Salerno , the regent of Antioch, comes in the battle killed. Walter the Chancellor is captured. However, the Muslims do not attack Antioch themselves. King Baldwin II of Jerusalem comes north and takes over the reign of the underage Prince Bohemond II in the principality.
- January 29th : Pope Gelasius II dies after only one year of pontificate in exile in the Abbey of Cluny , while the antipope Gregor VIII, appointed by Emperor Henry V , continues to reside in Rome.
- February 2nd : Guido von Vienne is elected Pope by the Curial Party in Vienne and takes the name Calixt II .
- October: Pope Calixt II convenes the Council of Reims to receive support for the papal position towards Emperor Henry V in the investiture dispute . Heinrich, like the antipope he supported, Gregory III. banned again on October 30th .
Other events in Europe
- August 20 : In the Battle of Brémule , King Henry I of England fights off an invasion by the French King Louis VI. of the fat on Normandy .
First documentary mentions
science and technology
- May 6th : Bishop Otto I of Bamberg founds the Michelfeld Monastery , consecrated to St. Michael and St. Johannes Evangelist in the Upper Palatinate. Bishop Otto wants to counter possible claims of Count Palatine Otto V von Scheyern , who after the extinction of the Lords of Pettendorf-Lengenfeld-Hopfenohe was able to take possession of large parts of this inheritance as the son-in-law of the last Pettendorfer. The first Benedictine monks come from the Michelsberg monastery near Bamberg . At the beginning Michelfeld is a double monastery, because nuns also live in a small monastery building a few hundred meters away in Horsrach .
- December 23rd : Pope Calixt II confirms the constitution of the Order, the Charter Caritatis of the Cistercians, created by Stephan Harding .
Date of birth saved
- May 26 : Yaroslav Osmomysl , Prince von Halitsch in the Kievan Rus († 1187 )
- July 7 : Sutoku , Tennō (Emperor) of Japan († 1164 )
Exact date of birth unknown
Born around 1119
Date of death secured
- January 1st : Gottschalk von Diepholz , Bishop of Osnabrück
- January 17th : Baldwin VII , Count of Flanders (* 1093 )
- Jan. 29 : John of Gaeta, under the name . Gelasius II Pope (* 1060 / 1064 )
- January 31 : Otbert , Bishop of Liège
- March: Gottfried von Bures , French crusader
- June 12 : Adalgod von Osterburg , Count of Veltheim and Archbishop of Magdeburg (* after 1060)
- June 20 : Henry de Beaumont, 1st Earl of Warwick , Norman nobleman
- June 27th : Herwig , Bishop of Meissen
- June 28th : Roger of Salerno , regent of the Principality of Antioch
- August: Robert von Sahyun , Lord of Sahyun in the Principality of Antioch
Exact date of death unknown
- Alain IV of Cornwall , Duke of Brittany, Count of Nantes, Count of Rennes and participant in the First Crusade (* before 1072)
- Abū l-Wafāʾ ʿAlī Ibn ʿAqīl, Hanbali (Islamic) legal scholar and theologian in Baghdad (* 1040 )
- Koznyatin Moseowiz , governor of Novgorod