Calendar overview 1164
|Heloisa dies 22 years after her husband Peter Abelard .|
|1164 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||612/613 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1707/08 (southern Buddhism); 1706/07 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||64th (65th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||526/527 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||559/560 (November 17-18)|
|Jewish calendar||4924/25 (September 18-19)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1474/75 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1475/76 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1220/21 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- 10 August : A crusader troops of the Principality of Antioch is in the battle of Artah by the Syrian ruler Nur ad-Din by apparent retreat in a ambush lured and defeated.
Central and Eastern Europe
- July 6th : In the battle of Verchen , a place on the northeastern bank of the Kummerower See , the vanguard of the Saxon army defeated a numerically strong Slavic army of Abodrites and Pomorans .
- September 5 : The Guelph party is defeated in the Battle of Tübingen . This is considered to be the actual beginning of the Tübingen feud .
- The Verona Confederation is founded.
Kingdom of England
First documentary mentions
- Falkenstein Castle near Obervellach is first mentioned in a document.
- In connection with the construction of a church, the place Schönenberg in the Black Forest has its first documentary mention.
- April 22nd : Cardinal Guido von Crema is elected antipope by the imperial party . He practices as Paschal III. the office.
- July 23 : Shrine of the Three Kings : The relics of the Three Kings are brought from Milan by Archbishop Rainald von Dassel to the predecessor building of Cologne Cathedral .
- The Archdiocese of Uppsala is founded.
- February 17 : In a severe storm surge , the Julian flood , on the German North Sea coast, a preliminary stage of the Jade Bay arises , killing 20,000.
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Folke Birgersson , Swedish Jarl († 1210 )
- Isabel de Bolebec , English noblewoman († 1245 )
- Schams-e Tabrizi , Persian mystic
Date of death secured
- January 30th : William FitzEmpress , French nobleman (* 1136 )
- February 10 : Hugo von Fosses , abbot (* around 1093 )
- March 1 : Peter of Tire , Archbishop of Tire
- April 20 : Viktor IV. , Antipope to Pope Alexander III. (* 1095 )
- June 18 : Elisabeth von Schönau , German Benedictine, saint (* 1129 )
- June 22nd : Eberhard von Biburg , Archbishop of Salzburg (* around 1085 )
- July 6 : Adolf II , Count of Holstein and Count of Schauenburg (* 1128 )
- August 18 : Ortlieb von Frohburg , Bishop of Basel (* before 1136)
- August 22nd : Hartwig II of Spanheim , Bishop of Regensburg
- September 14 : Sutoku , Emperor of Japan (* 1119 )
- December 31 : Ottokar III. , Margrave of Styria (* around 1125 )
Exact date of death unknown
- May or June: Wertislav , Prince of the Obodrites
- Heinrich von Bathide , Count of Holstein
- Hartmann of Brixen , Prince Bishop (* 1090 / 1091 )
- Clement of Smolensk , Russian Orthodox Bishop
- Fujiwara no Tadamichi , Japanese regent (* 1097 )
- Gausfred III. , Count of Rosselló
- Henry II , Bishop of Liege
- Somerled , military and political leader on the Scottish Isles (* around 1100 )