Calendar overview 1128
enfeoffs Roger II
Duchy of Apulia .
|Alfonso I of Portugal defeats his mother Theresa of León in the battle of São Mamede .|
|1128 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||576/577 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1671/72 (southern Buddhism); 1670/71 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||490/491 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||506/507 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||521/ 522 (January 5-6. // 24-25 December.) / 523|
|Jewish calendar||4888/89 (August 27-28)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1438/39 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1439/40 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1184/85 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire and Italy
- June 29 : Conrad III. is crowned King of Italy in Lombardy .
- August 22nd : Norman conquest of southern Italy : Pope Honorius II enfeoffs Roger II with the Duchy of Apulia in a peace treaty in Benevento .
- The Knights Templar established its first settlement in the castle of Soure on Mondego in Portugal on the basis of a donation by D. Theresia, which also gave the Templars "all areas between Coimbra and Leiria that are still in the hands of the unbelievers" .
- February 12 : After Tughtigin's death , Taj al-Muluk Buri becomes Emir of the Burid dynasty of Damascus .
First documentary mentions
- First documentary mention of Bonlanden , Erlenmoos , Lauterburg , Le Grand-Saconnex , Memmingen (court case from 1099, document in the monastery of Ochsenhausen ), Oberndorf (Pfalz) , Schwarzenbach , Schwendi and Wölfersheim
- Count Widekind I. von Schwalenberg founds the Marienmünster Abbey as an expiatory monastery in the immediate vicinity of his ancestral castle Oldenburg .
- Sancha Raimúndez donates the Sancti Spiritus monastery at the gates of Olmedo.
- The Freistroff Monastery is founded.
nature and environment
- April 11th : The eight planets of our solar system seem to meet closely in the sky (a so-called planetary conjunction ), during which the planets are next to each other at an angle of 40 ° for a few days. However, only five of these planets are visible to the naked eye . Such “close encounters” are based only on a perspective effect: in reality, the planets involved are still many tens of millions to several billion km apart.
- September 11th : Venus covers the fixed star Regulus . This event did not repeat itself until July 7, 1959 .
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Absalon von Lund , saint, Archbishop of Lund, Danish church, monastery and town founder († 1201 )
- Adolf II. , Count of Schauenburg and Holstein († 1164 )
- Johannes Dukas Komnenos , nephew of the Byzantine emperor Manuel I († 1176 )
- Lingre Pema Dorje , clergyman of Tibetan Buddhism († 1188 )
- Ludwig II , Landgrave of Thuringia († 1172 )
- Margaret of Navarre , regent of Sicily († 1183 )
Date of death secured
- February 12th : Tughtigin , Atabeg of Damascus
- April 14th : Kuno von Michelbach , Prince-Bishop of Strasbourg
- July 28 : Wilhelm I. Clito , Duke of Normandy and Count of Flanders (* 1102 )
- September 5 : Ranulf Flambard , Lord Chancellor of England (* around 1060 )
- November: Gottfried von Falmagne , Archbishop of Trier (* around 1065)
Exact date of death unknown
- Bahram , leader of the Syrian Nicarites
- Erkenbert von Homburg , Abbot of Corvey
- Garmond of Picquigny , French prelate and Latin patriarch of Jerusalem