Calendar overview 1126
|Second Battle of Chlumec , Soběslav I of Bohemia takes the German King Lothar III. captured.||Chinese Emperor Song Huizong abdicates in favor of his son Qinzong .|
|1126 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||574/575 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1669/70 (southern Buddhism); 1668/69 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||488/489 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||504/505 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||519/520 (January 26-27)|
|Jewish calendar||4886/87 (September 19-20)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1436/37 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1437/38 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1182/83 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Empire of China
- January 18 : The Chinese Emperor Song Huizong accepts responsibility for the - from the realm of the Song Dynasty invading Jurchen forced - escape to Hangzhou and thank favor of his son Qinzong from.
Holy Roman Empire
- February 18 : In the inheritance dispute over the Duchy of Bohemia , the Second Battle of Chlumec takes place. The Premyslide Soběslav I. wins it over his rival Otto II. Of Moravia , which falls in battle. The Roman-German King Lothar von Supplinburg, who supported him with an army, was taken prisoner.
Iberian Peninsula / North Africa
- March 8th : After the death of his mother Urraca , Alfonso VII takes over the reign of Castile and León .
- The Almoravids begin to deport Christians to Morocco . Alfonso I of Aragon defeats the Almoravids near Lucena .
Religion and culture
- March 23 : Heinrich Zdik takes up the office of Bishop of Olomouc .
- November 12th : The stone church of the monastery in Armagh , dedicated to the apostles Peter and Paul and founded by Imar Ua h-Aedacháin and later Augustinian canons , is consecrated by Archbishop Cellach Mac Aodh .
- Archbishop Adalbero von Bremen sends Vizelin as a missionary to the Slavic Abodrites .
- 1126/ 1133 : The monastery Sotos Albos is founded.
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Heinrich I , Count of Champagne († 1181 )
- Michael the Syrian , Patriarch of the Syrian Orthodox Church († 1199 )
- Mieszko III. , Senior Duke of Poland († 1202 )
Born around 1126
Date of death secured
- February 10th : Wilhelm IX. , Duke of Aquitaine (* 1071 )
- February 18 : Gebhard II. , Lord of Querfurt
- February 18 : Otto II ("the black one"), Duke of Olomouc and Brno (* around 1099 )
- March 3 : Hartwig I , Bishop of Regensburg
- March 8 : Urraca , Queen of León-Castile (* around 1080 )
- June 14th : Hugo I , Count of Troyes
- June 21 : Raimund von Roda , Bishop of Roda de Isábena and Barbastro (* 1067 )
- July 30th : Cécile de Normandie , abbess of the Ste-Trinité women's abbey in Caen (* around 1054 )
- September 1st : Swatawa of Poland , Queen of Bohemia as wife of Vratislav II. (* Before 1050)
- November 26th : Aq Sunqur al-Bursuqi , Atabeg of Mosul
- December 8 : Abū l-Walīd ibn Ruschd , Islamic scholar (* around 1058 )
- December 13 : Heinrich the Black , Duke of Bavaria (* 1075 )
- December 29th : Pontius de Melgueil , Abbot of Cluny
Exact date of death unknown
- Ahmad Ghazali , Islamic mystic
- Theobaldus Buccapecus, under the name II Celestine. Papstelekt
- Haymo , Bishop of Wroclaw
- John II , Bishop of Olomouc
- Walo II , Lord of Veckenstedt (* around 1065 )
- Werner von Ellerbach , first abbot in the Wiblingen monastery near Ulm