Calendar overview 1132
|Cappella Palatina in Palermo begins.|
|1132 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||580/581 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1675/76 (southern Buddhism); 1674/75 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||494/495 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||510/511 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||526/527 (November 11-12)|
|Jewish calendar||4892/93 (September 11-12)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1442/43 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1443/44 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1188/89 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- January 23 : Since the little Abū l-Qāsim at-Taiyib can no longer be found more than a year after the fall and murder of his father al-Amir , his uncle, the previous regent al-Ḥāfiẓ li-dīn Allāh, becomes proclaimed the new caliph of the Fatimid Empire. But his caliphate has had weak foundations from the start. He is the first caliph and imam who did not immediately succeed his father. His assumption of office is legitimized by a designation allegedly issued by al-Amir in his favor, who named his cousin as his successor, just as the Prophet Mohammed once designated his cousin Ali with the leadership of the faithful. This designation of al-Hafiz is only recognized by the Ismailis in Egypt, as well as in Aden and Sanaa.
Empire of China
First documentary mentions
- First documented mention of Castiel , Hattersheim , Hausen (now part of Frankfurt am Main ), Laupen , Schweighausen , Wendlingen am Neckar and the Kaiserpfalz in Altenburg
- First documentary mention of the Kuenringer
Religion and culture
- March 9th : With the formation of a new monastery community by Cistercian monks who have arrived , the Orval Trappist Abbey begins to prosper .
- The construction of the Cappella Palatina as the court chapel of the Palazzo dei Normanni in Palermo begins on behalf of King Roger II in the Norman-Arabic-Byzantine style .
- Bishop Otto I of Bamberg founds the Heilsbronn monastery .
nature and environment
- October 3 : The Great Comet C / 1132 T1 appears and is observed in China, Korea and Japan as well as in Europe. According to the Chinese texts, the last observation is on October 27th .
- Gottfried I. von Spitzenberg-Helfenstein , Imperial Court Chancellor to Friedrich Barbarossa, Bishop of Regensburg, Bishop of Würzburg and participant in the Third Crusade († 1190 )
- Lord Rhys , Prince of Deheubarth (South Wales) († 1197 )
- William of Norwich , alleged victim of a ritual murder († 1144 )
Date of death secured
- May 6th : Siegfried I , Count von Arch and founder of the County of Lebenau
- May 19 : Konrad I. von Raitenbuch , Bishop of Regensburg (* around 1070 )
- June 9 : Taj al-Muluk Buri , Atabeg of Damascus
- September 6th : Sophie of Istria , Countess of Andechs
- December 24th : Erkenbert von Frankenthal , nobleman, monastery founder and provost (* around 1079 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Cono von Waldburg , abbot of Weingarten Monastery (* before 1108)
- Maredudd ap Bleddyn , King of the Welsh Principality of Powys
- Wilhelm von Sahyun , Lord of Sahyun in the Principality of Antioch