Calendar overview 1083
|Alfonso VI of Castile conquered Madrid from the Moors during the Reconquista .||
Altmann von Passau founds the
Göttweig Monastery .
|1083 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||531/532 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1626/27 (southern Buddhism); 1625/26 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||445/446 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||461/462 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||475/476 (May 20-21)|
|Jewish calendar||4843/44 (September 15/16)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1393/94 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1394/95 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1139/40 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Rome is stormed by Henry IV in his first Italian campaign .
- Recapture of Madrid by King Alfonso VI. during the Reconquista
- Destruction of Cannae by the Normans
First documentary mentions
- Konrad von Beutelsbach built a castle on the Wirtemberg in what is now the Stuttgart district of Untertürkheim . He established the gender of the Württemberg people .
- Biberach an der Riss , Chorol , Grundsheim , Heiligenberg , Hüffenhardt , Hüfingen , Hürbel , Ingoldingen , Mauer bei Melk , Mietingen , Oberperfuss and Riedhausen are first mentioned in a document.
- August 20 : Pope Gregory VII canonized both the first Hungarian King Stephen I (969-1038) and his son Emmerich .
- Renaud du Bellay becomes Bishop of Reims .
- Bishop Altmann von Passau founds the Göttweig Monastery .
- Abū l-Fadl ʿIyād ibn Mūsā al-Yahsubī as-Sabtī , legal scholar, historian and Qādī of Andalusian origin († 1149 )
- Raymond du Puy , French nobleman, Grand Master of the Order of St. John († around 1160 )
Date of death secured
- January 11 : Otto von Northeim , Duke of Bavaria (* around 1020 )
- November 2 : Mathilde of Flanders , wife of William the Conqueror, Queen of England and Duchess of Normandy (* around 1030 )
- November 28th : Poppo von Paderborn , Bishop of Paderborn
Died around 1083
- Franco von Lüttich , mathematician (* around 1015 )
- Richenza , Countess von Werl and Northeim and Duchess of Bavaria (* around 1025 )