Calendar overview 1023
|Odo II of Blois receives the county of Champagne .|
|1023 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||471/472 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1566/67 (southern Buddhism); 1565/66 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||61st (62nd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||385/386 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||413/414 (turn of the year 25/26 March)|
|Jewish calendar||4783/84 (September 18-19)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1333/34 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1334/35 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1079/80 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
East Franconian-German Empire
- September 26th : Gotzelo I. becomes Duke of Lower Lorraine after the death of his brother Gottfried II .
- Odo II of Blois had to give up the county of Reims in favor of the archbishopric , but he got the champagne .
First documentary mentions
- before October 22nd: Archbishop Gero of Magdeburg consecrates Luizo as Bishop of Brandenburg .
- after October 22: Humfried becomes Archbishop of Magdeburg after Geros' death .
- December 29th : Hizzo is ordained Bishop of Prague .
- The German King Heinrich II. And Robert II. Of France agree to convene a council on the reform of the church with the participation of all German, French and Italian clergy.
- Poppo von Stablo becomes abbot of the imperial abbey of St. Maximin .
Born around 1023
Date of death secured
- February 5 : Sitt al-Mulk , regent of the Fatimids (* 970 )
- March 27th : Gebhard I , Bishop of Regensburg
- August 8 : Ekkehard , Bishop of Prague
- September 26th : Gottfried II. , Duke in Lower Lorraine (* around 965 )
- October 22nd : Gero von Magdeburg , Archbishop of Magdeburg
- December 5th : Hartwig , Archbishop of Salzburg
Exact date of death unknown
- Ælfmær , Bishop of Sherborne
- Dietmar von Osnabrück , Bishop of Osnabrück
- Oda von Haldensleben , wife of the first Polish Piast Duke Mieszko I.