Calendar overview 1022
Prince-Bishop of Eichstätt .
Bishop of Hildesheim .
|Anund Jakob becomes King of Sweden .|
|1022 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||470/471 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1565/66 (southern Buddhism); 1564/65 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||61st (62nd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||384/385 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||412/413 (turn of the year April 5th / 6th)|
|Jewish calendar||4782/83 (August 29/30)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1332/33 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1333/34 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1078/79 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
First documentary mentions
- First documentary mention of Nettelrede in the deed of foundation of the Michaeliskloster in Hildesheim
- Versoix was first mentioned in a document
Religion and society
- Heribert becomes the third prince-bishop of Eichstätt to succeed Walther, who died the previous year .
- Siegfried von Walbeck , previously abbot of the Berge monastery near Magdeburg , becomes Bishop of Münster . He succeeds Dietrich I. , who died on January 23rd .
- Heimo succeeds Rudhart Bishop of Konstanz , who died on February 28th .
- Sigebert becomes Bishop of Minden . He succeeds Dietrich II , who died in January or February, in this position.
- After Bernward's death on November 20 , Godehard was appointed Bishop of Hildesheim by Emperor Heinrich II .
Heresy of Orléans
- December 28 : Because of the so-called Orléans heresy be by order of the Capetian king Robert II. France about twelve high scholars from the field of Queen Constance of Arles as heretics burned, including the canons of the Cathedral of Orléans . It is the first known cremation of the Christian Middle Ages .
- Council of Pavia : prohibition of marriage of priests, removal from office of married priests, resolution of the incapacity of priest children to inherit (see church reforms of the 11th century )
- King Robert II of France donates the Order of the Star in honor of the Mother of God.
Date of death secured
- June 29th : Notker Labeo , Benedictine monk and head of the monastery school in St. Gallen (* around 950 )
- August 15th : Nikephoros Phokas Barytrachelos , Byzantine patrician and usurper
- November 20 : Bernward von Hildesheim , Bishop of Hildesheim and saint (* around 960 )
Exact date of death unknown
Died around 1022
- Olof Skötkonung , first Christian king of Sweden