Calendar overview 1036
in the Mogao grottoes to
protect them from the oncoming Mongols .
|1036 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||484/485 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1579/80 (southern Buddhism); 1578/79 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||62nd (63rd) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||398/399 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||414/415 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||427/428 (October 24/25)|
|Jewish calendar||4796/97 (September 22-23)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1346/47 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1347/48 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1092/93 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- May 15 : Go-Ichijō dies. His son Go-Suzaku follows him as the 69th Tennō of Japan . Fujiwara no Yorimichi remains the real ruler of the empire as the emperor's regent .
Fatimid Empire in North Africa and Syria
- June 13 : Az-Zahir li-i'zaz Din Allah , seventh caliph of the Fatimids , dies shortly before his 31st birthday. His only son, the seven-year-old Prince Maadd, is enthroned three days later by the "handless vizier" al-Jardjarai as the new caliph under the name of al-Mustansir . In the same year the armistice with the Byzantine Empire was extended by ten years.
First documentary mentions
- Arth , Beinwil am See , Buttisholz , Ermensee , Hägendorf , Kerns , Küttigen , Oberkirch , Reinach , Starrkirch-Wil , Staufen and Udligenswil are first mentioned in a document.
- In order to protect them from the oncoming Mongols , Chinese Buddhist monks wall around 50,000 documents in the Mogao grottoes . This includes the first printed version of the Diamond Sutra .
- 1036/ 1037 : Andreas from the Hungarian race of Árpád married in exile in Kievan Rus , the princess Anastasia of Kiev .
- After the death of Gebhard II. On March 17 will Gebhard III. Bishop of Regensburg .
- June 5th : Shortly after the consecration of the Busdorf Foundation, which he founded, in May in the presence of Emperor Konrad II , Bishop Meinwerk dies . Rotho becomes his successor as Bishop of Paderborn .
- Hermann II becomes Archbishop of Cologne . He succeeds the Pilgrim , who died on August 25, in office.
Date of death secured
- March 17th : Gebhard II. , Bishop of Regensburg
- March 20 : Wilhelm , Count of Friesach and Trixen, Margrave of Soune
- June 5 : Otto von Hammerstein , lord of the castle of Zütphen and Count in the Wetterau and Engersgau (* around 975 )
- June 5 : Meinwerk , Bishop of Paderborn (* around 975 )
- June 13 : Az-Zahir , Caliph of the Fatimids (* 1005 )
- August 23 : Branthog , Abbot of Fulda and Bishop of Halberstadt (* around 970 )
- August 25th : Pilgrim of Cologne , Archbishop of Cologne
- October 10 : Sigebert , Bishop of Minden
Exact date of death unknown
- August: Bruno , Bishop of Merseburg
- Sven Alfivason , Jarl in Norway (* around 1016 )
- Herbert I. , Earl of Maine
- Hisham III. , last Caliph of Cordoba