Calendar overview 1113
|Suryavarman II ascends the throne of the Khmer Empire .|
|1113 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||561/562 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1656/57 (southern Buddhism); 1655/56 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||63rd (64th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||475/476 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||491/492 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||506/507 (June 17/18)|
|Jewish calendar||4873/74 (September 12-13)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1423/24 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1424/25 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1169/70 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- King Ludwig VI. of France and King Henry I of England as Duke of Normandy conclude the peace of Gisors . The treaty ends the war for the Vexin and control of the central Seine . Louis VI. cedes sovereignty over the Duchy of Maine and Brittany .
- Vladimir Vsevolodowitsch Monomakh succeeds Svyatopolk II after his death in the course of a popular uprising as Grand Duke of Kiev and thereby breaks the seniority principle in the Kievan Rus .
First documentary mentions
- Adelmannsfelden , Altwis , Böbikon , Efringen , Katharinenheerd , Mellikon , Neuler , Rietenau , Rümikon , Sechtem , Schneisingen , Schönau in the Black Forest , Siglistorf , Steinen and Welmlingen as well as the Hartenstein Castle are mentioned for the first time.
Culture and religion
- February 15 : Pope Paschal II places the Order of St. John under papal protection and issues the tithe levy .
- William of Champeaux becomes Bishop of Châlons-sur-Marne .
- The Nestor Chronicle is created in the Kiev Pechersk Lavra . It is named after the famous monk of the monastery, Nestor of Kiev . In terms of content, it deals with the processing of the Old Russian oral and written traditions on the history of the Kievan Rus .
- The La Ferté monastery is founded.
- Bridlington Priory in Yorkshire is established for the Augustinian Canons.
- Foundation of the first Cistercian convent in France
- Probable start of construction of the Angkor Wat temple complex .
- Joscelin II , Count of Edessa († 1159 )
- Wang Zhe , Chinese scholar, archer and swordsman as well as monk and founder of the Daoist Quanzhen school of inner alchemy († 1170 )
Date of death secured
- March 9 : Siegfried I , Count Palatine near the Rhine and Count of Weimar-Orlamünde (* around 1075 )
- March 27th : Ulrich von Brno , Moravian prince
- April 13 : Ida of Lorraine , mother of Godfrey of Bouillon, saint (* around 1040 )
- June 19 : Odo , Bishop of Cambrai (* 1060 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Abu Tahir al-Sa'igh , leader of the Syrian Nizarites
- Barsegh of Ani , Catholicos of Ani, later of all of Armenia
- Erpo , Count of Padberg
- Girard I , Count of Rosselló
- Svyatopolk II Isjaslavich , Grand Prince of the Kievan Rus (* 1050 )
- Otto II. , Count of Zutphen and Vogt of Corvey (* around 1050 )