Office of Gadebusch
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|State :||Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania|
|County :||Northwest Mecklenburg|
|Area :||221.92 km 2|
|Residents:||10,213 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||46 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||NWM, GDB, GVM, WIS|
|Office key :||13 0 74 5452|
|Office structure:||8 municipalities|
|Office administration address
|Am Markt 1
|Head of Office :||Rico Greger|
|Location of the office in Gadebusch in the district of Northwest Mecklenburg|
In Office Gadebusch seven municipalities and the city have Gadebusch (administrative center) joined forces to do their administrative business. On January 1, 2004, the previously free city of Gadebusch merged with the Gadebusch-Land office that had existed since August 1, 1991 to form the new Gadebusch office. The office is located in the southwest of the district of Northwest Mecklenburg and borders in the south on the district of Ludwigslust-Parchim and in the west on the Schleswig-Holstein district of the Duchy of Lauenburg .
The official area lies in the transition zone between the northwestern part of the Mecklenburg Lake District and the Lauenburg Lakes . Part of the North Sea-Baltic Sea watershed lies in the official area . While the Radegast and Stepenitz rivers flow north to the Baltic Sea , the Schilde River takes the opposite route via the Schaale , Sude and Elbe to the North Sea . The highest elevation of the official area is .
The municipalities with their districts
- Dragun with Drieberg Dorf, Drieberg Hof, Meierei, Neu Dragun and Vietlübbe
- City of Gadebusch with Buchholz, village of Ganzow, Ganzow, Güstow, Möllin, Neu Bauhof, Reinhardtsdorf, Stresdorf and Wakenstädt
- Kneese with Dutzow and sand field
- Krembz with Alt Steinbeck, Groß Salitz, Lützowshorst, Neu Steinbeck, Radegast, Schönwolde and Stöllnitz
- Mühlen Eichsen with Goddin, Groß Eichsen, Schönfeld, Schönfeld Mühle and Webelsfelde
- Roggendorf with Breesen, Groß Thurow, Klein Salitz, Klein Thurow, Marienthal and Neu Thurow
- Rögnitz with Bentin and Woldhof
- Veelböken with Botelsdorf, Frauenmark, Hindenberg, Passow, Passow expansion, Paetrow and Rambeel
Coat of arms, flag, official seal
The office does not have an officially approved national emblem, neither a coat of arms nor a flag. The official seal is the small state seal with the coat of arms of the state of Mecklenburg. It shows a looking bull's head with torn off neck fur and crown and the inscription "AMT GADEBUSCH • LANDKREIS NORDWESTMECKLENBURG".
- Statistisches Amt MV - population status of the districts, offices and municipalities 2019 (XLS file) (official population figures in the update of the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Main Statute, Section 1, Paragraph 2