Bentley Bentayga (2016-2020)
|Production period:||since 2016|
|Body versions :||Station wagon|
Otto engine : 4.0–6.0 liters
Diesel engine :
4.0 liters (320 kW)
Otto hybrid :
2.9 liters (330 kW)
|Wheelbase :||2995 mm|
|Empty weight :||2388-2626 kg|
The Bentley Bentayga (internal name 4V) is a luxury SUV produced by the British automobile brand Bentley since 2016 . Like the second generation of the Audi Q7 , it is based on Volkswagen's MLBevo platform.
The “Bentley EXP 9F” study was shown at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show . The series version, which was presented for the first time at the IAA 2015 in Frankfurt am Main , shows significant differences, especially when it comes to the headlights. The Bentayga is Bentley's first SUV. In 2016, the Bentayga already had a share of around 47% of total Bentley vehicle production.
On the Paris Motor Show 2016 in Paris Bentley presented the Bentayga with the V8 Biturbo - diesel engine consisting of the Audi SQ7 is known. The Bentayga is the British automaker's first diesel-powered vehicle. The Bentayga Diesel came onto the market in February 2017.
In January 2018, Bentley presented the Bentayga with a V8 gasoline engine at the Detroit Motor Show .
In autumn 2018, the diesel engine was no longer part of the model range for Europe.
In March 2019, the Bentayga Speed was presented at the 89th Geneva Motor Show . With a top speed of 306 km / h, it replaces the Lamborghini Urus as the fastest mass-produced SUV in the world.
On June 30, 2020, Bentley presented a revised version of the Bentayga. No W12 version is to be offered in Europe in the future.
The Bentley Bentayga, together with the Audi Q7 4M on the same platform ( modular longitudinal construction kit ), is the first production vehicle with a combined 12 V and 48 V electrical system . The 48-V network has a maximum output of 13 kW; its lithium-ion battery has 10 Ah. It is charged from the 12 V network via a 3 kW DC / DC converter . The electric motors of the electronically controlled active roll stabilization and a switchable compressor for the engine charging are operated with 48 V.
The exact capacity of the battery has not yet been published for the plug-in hybrid model, but the manufacturer states that the vehicle can be charged in 7.5 hours in a household power supply and in 2.5 hours in a three-phase network . According to the NEDC, this should enable an electric range of 50 km.
There are four different drive variants for the vehicle. The gasoline engines are a 4.0-liter V8 engine with a maximum output of 404 kW (550 PS), which is also installed in the equally powerful Porsche Panamera Turbo , and a 6.0-liter W12 engine with the two power levels 447 kW or in the Bentayga Speed with 467 kW. The plug-in hybrid drive variant has a system output of 330 kW. It combines a 3.0-liter V6 engine with an electric motor.
The Bentayga Diesel has a maximum output of 320 kW and has a 4.0-liter V8 diesel engine with register twin-turbo charging (from two twin-scroll turbochargers ), which is supported by an electric compressor. The compressor developed together with the supplier Valeo achieves the necessary boost pressure in 250 ms and thus helps to avoid turbo lag . The compressor motor has a maximum output of 7 kW.
The electromechanical roll stabilization (EAWS) from the supplier Schaeffler, which is available at an extra charge, consists of an electric motor with a three-stage planetary gearbox between the two halves of the stabilizer . The EAWS provides a stepless torque of up to 1200 Nm and requires up to 3 kW of power for this. On the one hand, when the road surface is uneven, the suspension comfort is increased by decoupling the stabilizer tubes, and on the other hand, roll compensation is achieved by actively turning the halves against each other during sporty cornering.
For the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in June 2018, Bentley developed a special Bentayga. By doing without interior fittings, the vehicle weighs 300 kg less than the production version. The vehicle thus set the record for series SUVs on the mountain route.
|Bentayga V8||Bentayga||Bentayga Speed||Bentayga Speed 1||Bentayga Hybrid||Bentayga Diesel|
|Construction period||01 / 2018–06 / 2020||since 06/2020||03/2016–08/2019||03 / 2019–06 / 2020||since 08/2020||07/2019–06/2020||02/2017-08/2019|
|Motor series||VW EA825||VW EA839||VW EA898|
|Motor type||Gasoline engine||Otto engine + electric engine||Diesel engine|
|Displacement||3996 cc||5950 cc||2995 cc||3956 cc|
|Max. Power at min −1||404 kW (550 PS) / 6000||447 kW (608 hp) / 5000–6000||467 kW (635 PS) / 5000–5750||330 kW (2) (449 hp)||320 kW (435 hp) / 3750-5000|
|Max. Torque in min -1||770 Nm / 1960-4500||900 Nm / 1250-4500||900 Nm / 1500-5000||700 Nm (3)||900 Nm / 1000-3250|
|drive||all wheel drive|
|Gearbox, as standard||8-speed automatic transmission|
|Top speed||290 km / h||301 km / h||306 km / h||254 km / h||270 km / h|
|Acceleration, 0-100 km / h||4.5 s||4.1 s||3.9 s||5.5 s||4.8 s|
|Fuel consumption over 100 km, combined||11.4 l super||11.6 l super||13.1 l super||14.0 l super||14.3 l super||3.6 l super||7.9 l diesel|
|CO 2 emissions, combined||260 g / km||265 g / km||296 g / km||320 g / km||325 g / km||82 g / km||210 g / km|
|Emission standard||Euro 6d-TEMP||Euro 6b||Euro 6d-TEMP||Euro 6d-TEMP||Euro 6b|
|Tank capacity||85 l||75 l||85 l|
In the first sales year of 2016, 144 Bentayga were newly registered in the Federal Republic of Germany. In 2017 there were 481 vehicles, 280 of which were diesel-powered. In 2018, 84 of the 263 newly registered Bentayga were diesel versions. In 2019, only seven of 216 newly registered Bentayga had a diesel drive.
- Photos and report on the IAA 2015 at auto motor und sport
- luxury SUV with 435 hp diesel. auto-motor-und-sport.de, September 21, 2016, accessed on September 21, 2016 .
- 550 hp for 290 km / h. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. January 12, 2018, accessed January 12, 2018 .
- Uli Baumann: Luxury SUV under power. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. March 5, 2018, accessed May 2, 2018 .
- Stefan Grundhoff: Bentley is saying goodbye to the Bentayga Diesel in Europe. In: automobil-produktion.de. October 9, 2018, accessed October 2, 2019 .
- Bentley Bentayga Speed: The fastest SUV in the world. February 15, 2019, accessed February 15, 2019 .
- Peter R. Fischer: Bentley Bentayga V8 Facelift (2020): That changes with the luxury SUV. In: autobild.de. June 30, 2020, accessed June 30, 2020 .
- Thomas Harloff: Bentley Bentayga Speed is running out: Noble SUV in the future without W12 version. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. July 8, 2020, accessed July 8, 2020 .
- Bentley Bentayga Bodies To Be Built Alongside Its Cousins. (No longer available online.) PursuingWO.com, a Bentley Blog by Wowas Group LLC., Archived from the original on May 5, 2015 ; Retrieved September 9, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Relocation of the Bentley body shop. In: scholpp.de. Retrieved December 18, 2017 .
- Locationat Volkswagen Saxony: Implementation of the location-related measures from the future pact for Zwickau, Chemnitz and Dresden. In: glaesernemanufaktur.de. Volkswagen Gläserne Manufaktur, February 2, 2017, accessed on October 2, 2019 .
- Bentley Bentayga: Now it's getting dirty. Spiegel Online, September 9, 2015, accessed March 18, 2016 .
- Bentley Bentayga: A Last Glimpse of Modesty. Spiegel Online, December 27, 2016, accessed December 27, 2016 .
- Bentley News 2018: THE PIONEERING BENTLEY BENTAYGA HYBRID. In: bentleymedia.com. March 5, 2018, accessed October 2, 2019 .
- Bentayga Diesel - technical specificaton. (PDF; 524 kB) In: bentleymedia.com. Retrieved October 2, 2019 .
- Torsten Seibt: Audi SQ7 4.0 TDI world premiere: The bull from Bavaria. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. March 30, 2016, accessed May 20, 2016 .
- Audi SQ7 TDI: sports car with three loaders. automobil-industrie.vogel.de, March 11, 2016, accessed on May 20, 2016 .
- Marcel Sommer: Bentley Bentayga Pikes Peak 2018: Bentley wants to break the SUV record. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. June 18, 2018, accessed June 19, 2018 .
- CLASSES® | MENU BENTLEY BENTAYGA STRETCHED. In: klassen-auto.com. Retrieved October 2, 2019 (American English).
- Thomas Harloff: Inkas Armored Vehicles: Well protected in the Bentley Bentayga - auto motor und sport. In: auto-motor-und-sport.de. September 2, 2019, accessed October 2, 2019 .
- Source: Volkswagen AG annual reports 2016–2018.
- New registrations of passenger cars in December 2016 by brand and model series. Retrieved December 7, 2017 .
- New registrations of passenger cars in December 2017 by brand and model series. Retrieved January 9, 2018 .
- New registrations of passenger cars in December 2018 by brand and model series. Retrieved January 14, 2019 .
- New registrations of passenger cars in December 2019 by brand and model series. Retrieved January 10, 2020 .