Chris Lohner (actually Christine Lohner; * July 10, 1943 as Christine Keprda in Vienna ) is an Austrian journalist , author , presenter , cabaret artist and actress as well as the longtime voice of the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB).
Origin and education
Christine “Chris” Lohner, née Keprda - the name comes from Czech - was born as one of two daughters of Franz Keprda (1915–2004), then the youngest adult education center director, and a housewife. After graduating from high school in 1961, which she attended with Margit Fischer , she received an AFS scholarship for a high school stay in the United States (1962). During this time she began to study acting, which she continued on her return to Austria and graduated with the state examination. She also worked successfully as a photo model for seven years in Italy , France , Switzerland and Germany .
From 1973, Chris Lohner worked as a spokesperson and presenter for various programs on Austrian radio television (Österreich-Bild, Sonntags-Matinee, WIR, backstage) and for Ö3 and as host of the talk show Encounters at 3sat . In 1993 she received the Golden Romy for her program announcements on ORF . In 1994 she made her stage debut in Vienna with “Ein flotter Zweier”. Since 2001 she has moderated the daily program “Ganz Ich” on Ö1 and in 2006 presented her first solo piece “Sex? But with pleasure! ”In an in-house production. In 2008 she produced the two-person play "Der Käfig" by Jack Jacquine with Fritz von Friedl as a partner. Both pieces were performed in the StadtTheater walfischgasse in Vienna. In October 2016 her program Wolllust premiered at the Orpheum Vienna , followed in February 2018 by the program Anecdotes from my life - weird, funny, comical .
Her “trademarks” are her red hair and her pageboy hairstyle, which she shared with her WIR moderator colleague Brigitte Xander , who was almost the same age but who has already passed away , but above all her voice, which has been used since 1979 in the automatic announcements at train stations and from the series 4020 could also be heard on the trains of the Austrian Federal Railways until they began to be converted to the German computer voice Petra in 2011 . Due to passenger protests, among other things, the ÖBB decided in 2015 to return to Chris Lohner's voice, now digitized , which can therefore also be heard in the new Desiro ML railcars - except at train stations .
She has been publishing her books since 1979.
Since 2001 Chris Lohner has been involved as a “Good Will Ambassador” for Light for the World - Christoffel Development Cooperation , in whose role she stays in Africa several times a year to support people with eye diseases. She is an honorary member of WWF Austria and has taken over the patronage of the endangered dragonfly . She has been running her own charity project, Kaftan - it fits, since 2006 .
After a seven-year relationship, Chris Lohner was married for another year to Alfons Lohner, whose name she kept after the divorce , as she explained in an interview for ORF TV magazine Thema in July 2018 , because: "... I have one Had Czech girls' names, Keprda, which was always very complicated, I always had to spell it. [...] Nobody addressed me by name, but said, 'Mäderl, get up, can you say your name'. ”Marina Hajek, née Lohner, who was five when they met, also comes from this marriage of which Chris Lohner says, "the best I have from him is my stepdaughter".
Furthermore, from 1978 she lived for fifteen years with the Jamaican ex-tennis player, Davis Cup winner (in doubles, May 1966) and reggae singer Lance Lumsden (actually Lancelot; October 30, 1939 to June 18, 2011) and remained on friendly terms with her “lifeblood” even after the separation. Due to his skin color, she was confronted with massive hostility during this time, as she described in the subject interview:
“Well, the most difficult relationship I had was with Lance Lumsden: not between us, but with the outside world. This was a time where you myself as a Negro - whore insulted, and I also once shit get on the board, welcomed the ORF, and there has it, 'Negerhur' creeping you out of Europe and Concealed in Negerkraal . ' So things like that happened. I've never told you that before. But in times like these, when everything is always very much in danger, you have to say that once in a while. "
Her father Franz Keprda (1915 to 2004), whose estate she transferred to the Austrian Adult Education Center in July 2015 , was a trained librarian. In the 1930s he was employed by the Vienna People's Education Association, of which he was director from 1947 to 1968. During this time he also headed today's Margareten adult education center (polycollege) in the 5th district of Vienna Margareten.
Chris Lohner lives on the southern outskirts of Vienna.
- 2016: Lust
- 2018: Anecdotes from my life - weird, funny, weird
- Lohner unpacks: A cheeky accounting for getting older
- Lohner performs: people - animals - anecdotes
- What, Christmas again?
- The dissatisfied turtle. Fabula, Bad Aibling 1979, ISBN 3-88539-103-1 .
- Nobody loves me like me or the art of living in harmony. Ueberreuter, Vienna 1997; Knaur, Munich 1999, ISBN 3-426-82225-3 .
- No desire for frustration - no time for envy. von Schröder, Munich 1999; Ullstein, Berlin 2001, ISBN 3-548-36238-9 .
- Or rather. Amours and other addictions. von Schröder, Munich 2001; Ullstein, Berlin 2004, ISBN 3-548-36741-0 .
- Who is there under my bed. Especially true stories. Lübbe, Bergisch Gladbach 2003; Echomedia, Vienna 2011, ISBN 978-3-902672-36-0 .
- 50 plus. So what? Jentzsch bei Linde, Vienna 2003, ISBN 3-7142-0005-3 .
- Nice and naughty love letters. Seifert, Vienna 2005, ISBN 3-902406-17-8 .
- The crocodile man. Novel. Echomedia, Vienna 2010, ISBN 978-3-902672-21-6 .
- I've been young long enough. ... now I'll watch myself getting older. Echomedia, Vienna 2014, ISBN 978-3-90290-055-5 .
- Lust: blissful, funny, woolly. Echomedia, Vienna 2017, ISBN 978-3-90311-316-9 .
- Shirley: the dog I really didn't want. Echomedia, Vienna 2019, ISBN 978-3-90311-360-2 .
- I am a child of the city: Viennese since 1943. Echomedia, Vienna 2020, ISBN 978-3-903113-75-6 .
- 1969: Chief Inspector Marek - simple double murder
- 1976–1983: Kottan determined (TV series)
- 1992–1998: Tohuwabohu (TV series)
- 1996: Kaisermühlen Blues - dreams are foams
- 2004: The Christmas Dog
- 2006: Feine Dame (Direction: Xaver Schwarzenberger )
- 2010: Kottan determined: Rien ne va plus
- 1993: Golden Romy as "Most Popular Program Announcer"
- March 3, 2006: Gold Medal of Merit of the State of Vienna
- June 2, 2009: Fritz Greinecker Prize for civil courage , for her many years of commitment to the Austrian aid organization Licht für die Welt .
- 2015: Decoration of Honor in Gold for Services to the Republic of Austria
- Literature by and about Chris Lohner in the catalog of the German National Library
- Chris Lohner in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Chris Lohner in the Vienna History Wiki of the City of Vienna
- chrislohner.com - official website of Chris Lohner
- Chris Lohner celebrates his 75th birthday. In: wien.ORF.at, July 9, 2018.
- Shirley Management GmbH, commercial register no. 409021b, in firmenmonitor.at of Wiener Zeitung , accessed on July 10, 2018: Commercial Court Vienna (007), new entry, published on February 7, 2014 ("Declaration on the establishment of the company from November 18, 2013;", managing partner " (A) Christine Lohner (07/10/1943), […] ") in connection with the change, announced on February 17, 2014 (" Contribution agreement from January 27 , 2014 Contribution of the company 'Chris Lohner moderator activity' by Ms. Christine Lohner to this company according to the contribution agreement of January 27, 2014 ".)
- Liane Pircher: Summer Talk: "I find it pleasant to be burned". Chris Lohner, Austria's best-known voice, on aging with dignity, the merits of cremation and her young interest in communication without words. In: TT.com /telfser.com, July 2011. ( Full text in: KM-Fotografie.com/Picturenight.at, July 24, 2011, accessed on July 10, 2018.)
- Donation: estate of her father Franz Keprda (1915–2004). In: VHS archive , updates, July 2015. See also: Chris Lohner in the Vienna History Wiki of the City of Vienna .
- Chris Lohner. Author Moderator Actress: About me. In: Official website of Chris Lohner, accessed July 10, 2018.
- A lot to laugh about in autumn. In: wien.ORF.at, August 26, 2016, accessed on October 18, 2016.
- Arian Faal: Chris Lohner will stay with the ÖBB. Announcements remain at train stations. In: Wiener Zeitung , August 4, 2011, accessed on July 10, 2018.
- Nina Kozak: Chris Lohner returns. ( Memento from December 10, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Article in the ÖBB blog on November 13, 2015, accessed on December 8, 2015.
- Andreas Wetz: Chris Lohner: The ÖBB get their vote back. In: Die Presse , print edition December 3, 2015, accessed on July 10, 2018.
- quoted from: Interview in ORF TV magazine Topic in ORF 2 , first broadcast on July 9, 2018. ( Topic: Chris Lohner - a television icon turns 75. In: tv.ORF.at program ORF 2, 9 July 2018, accessed July 10, 2018.)
- "I feel more comfortable at 70 than at 20". Austria's most prominent redhead is celebrating his 70th birthday today with 200 guests. Interview in: Kurier , July 13, 2013, accessed on July 10, 2018.
- Former Jamaica tennis star Lance Lumsden is dead at 71: "Lance Lumsden, one of the best tennis players produced by Jamaica, passed away last Saturday at Andrews Memorial Hospital, St Andrew." In: The Gleaner / Jamaica-Gleaner, June 23, 2011 ( full text , accessed July 10, 2018).
- Philip Bauer: "Then I was no longer invited". Interview at Tennis in: derStandard.at , November 4, 2010, accessed on July 10, 2018.
- Susanne Huber: Chris Lohner: “His death was a murderer shock for me” In: KirchenZeitung Diözese Linz , edition 2014/44, October 28, 2014, accessed on July 10, 2018: “We were no longer lovers, but we are Been very close friends until the end. His death was a murderer's shock for me, I thought it wouldn't work. He made off. "
- Chris Lohner. Author Moderator Actress: Current programs. In: Official website of Chris Lohner, accessed July 10, 2018.
- Badge of Honor for Chris Lohner. In: wien.ORF.at, November 19, 2015, accessed on November 19, 2015.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lohner, Christine (real name); Keprda, Christine (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian journalist, author, presenter, cabaret artist and actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 10, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|