The Poseidon attack
|German title||The Poseidon attack|
|Original title||The Poseidon Adventure|
|Country of production||United States|
|Age rating||FSK 12|
|cut||Jennifer Jean Cacavas|
The Poseidon attack is a television film from 2005 and a remake of the 1972 film Die Höllenfahrt der Poseidon . Both are based on the novel Der Untergang der Poseidon (Original title: The Poseidon Adventure ) by Paul Gallico .
On the Poseidon , a cruise ship, the crew spends Christmas and is already looking forward to the New Year. What they don't know, however, is that a handful of Jordanian terrorists detonate explosives in the ship's engine room . The shock wave causes the Poseidon to lurch and capsize . What was once the floor is now the ceiling and vice versa. Led by the charismatic Roman Catholic Bishop Schmitt, the fight for the survivors begins through the corridors "up" into the engine room. Private and personal problems, including the marital dispute between Richard and Rachel Clarke, are now pushed into the background. On land, the Briton Suzanne Harrison coordinates the evacuation of the Poseidon , which is increasingly full of water. In the end, the group frees itself by blowing a hole in the hull of the ship with a barrel of unexploded explosives from the terrorists and is greeted by the rescuers waiting outside.
- For the $ 14 million production, old roles have been cast and additional characters have been added. An important reason for the production of this film was the expected great interest in the feature film Poseidon published by Wolfgang Petersen the following year , which is also based on the novel by Paul Gallico .
- In honor of the author of the novel, the captain was named Captain Paul Gallico in the film and ship's doctor Doktor Ballard was named after Robert Ballard , the discoverer of the wreck of the Titanic . The lounge in the film, Jak's Lounge , was named after Jak Castro , the president of the Poseidon fan club.
- C. Thomas Howell's father, Chris Howell , was a stunt performer on The Poseidon Descent into Hell in 1972 .
"Long (television) remake of" Die Höllenfahrt der Poseidon "(1972), played listlessly and without any tension."
|Geoff Pierson||Udo Schenk||Admiral Jennings|
|Sylvia Syms||Luise Lunow||Belle roses|
|Rutger Hauer||Thomas Danneberg||Bishop August Schmidt|
|C. Thomas Howell||David Nathan||Doctor Ballard|
|Rory Copus||Christian Pointer||Dylan Clarke|
|Bryan Brown||Bodo Wolf (voice actor)||Jeffrey Anderson|
|Peter Weller||Frank Glaubrecht||Captain Paul Gallico|
|Matt Rippy||Charles Rettinghaus||Lieutenant Mercer|
|Adam Baldwin||Ingo Albrecht||Mike Rogo|
|Alexa Hamilton||Arianne Borbach||Rachel Clarke|
|Steve Guttenberg||Uwe Büschken||Richard Clarke|
|Amber Sainsbury||Julia Kaufmann||Shelby Clarke|
- Paul Gallico : The downfall of Poseidon (Original title: The Poseidon Adventure ). Heyne, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-453-50017-2 (previously also published under the German title Schiffbruch )
- The Poseidon Adventure in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- The Poseidon Adventure at Rotten Tomatoes (English)
- The Poseidon attack in the online film database
- The Poseidon attack in the German dubbing files
- Official site