Buenos Aires El Palomar Airport
|Height above MSL||18 m (59 ft )|
|Distance from the city center||18 km west of Buenos Aires , Argentina|
|Street||Ruta Nacional 7|
|train||El Palomar train station (2 km)|
|operator||Aeropuertos Argentina 2000|
|16/34||2110 m × 50 m asphalt|
The Aeropuerto El Palomar is a military airport in El Palomar ( Buenos Aires ), which has also been used for commercial passenger traffic since 2018. The airport is primarily served by the low-cost airline Flybondi .
The airport has been used by the Argentine Air Force since it was built. The airline Flybondi has been flying to 11 national destinations since January 2018, and two additional routes were added during the year. One of these leads to the neighboring country of Uruguay . The company also announced that it would invest $ 30 million in infrastructure. Among other things, a direct connection to the train line and a dedicated terminal building are to be created by 2033. It was also announced that JetSmart will offer a flight to Santiago de Chile from 2019 , and JetSmart now also offers flights to various destinations in Argentina. The offer is to be expanded further in 2020.
Airlines and destinations
|Flybondi||Corrientes , Córdoba , San Salvador de Jujuy , Mendoza , Neuquén , Posadas , Puerto Iguazú , Salta , San Carlos de Bariloche , Santiago del Estero , San Miguel de Tucumán , Trelew , Punta del Este , Florianópolis (seasonal), Porto Alegre , Rio de Janeiro , Sao Paulo , Asunción|
|JetSmart||Córdoba , Mendoza , Neuquén , Puerto Iguazú , San Carlos de Bariloche , San Miguel de Tucumán , Santiago del Estero , Ushuaia , Santiago de Chile|
The airport is located in El Palomar, a suburb of Buenos Aires in the metropolitan area of the capital, at a height of 18 meters. The Ruta Nacional 7 is around 2 km away and the El Palomar train station is 200 meters away. The airport is open 24 hours a day in normal operation and has a terminal building and a runway with a length of 2,110 meters.
- Argentine Airports website , English & Spanish
- Official website of the airport (English, Spanish)
- Airport data on worldaerodata.com , English
- Airport data on gcmap.com , English
- Flybondi website , English & Spanish
- ↑ Jim Liu: Flybondi outlines operational launch in 1H18. January 12, 2018, accessed October 7, 2018 .
- ↑ Flybondi to intriguing investor. July 17, 2017, accessed October 7, 2018 .
- ↑ JetSmart se expande: anuncia vuelos a Argentina desde Santiago y La Serena. September 5, 2018, accessed October 7, 2018 (Spanish).
- ↑ Flybondi corporate website, Buenos Aires Destinations. Retrieved October 7, 2018 (Spanish).
- ↑ Entry of the airport on worldaerodata.com. Accessed October 7, 2018 (English).
- ↑ Entry of the airport on gcmap.com. Accessed October 7, 2018 (English).