|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Imst|
|License plate :||IN THE|
|Residents :||1,818 (January 1, 2020)|
|Population density :||59 inhabitants per km²|
|Postal code :||6426|
|Area code :||05417|
|Community code :||7 02 16|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Ingobert Mayr ( SPÖ )|
Municipal Council : (2004)
|Location of Roppen in the Imst district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
The village name was first mentioned in 1260 as "Roupen", but settlement began around 3,000 years ago, as finds in the area of the "Burschl" prove. Already in 1337 a "Lienhardskirche" was mentioned in Roppen, which was looked after from Imst, from 1534 to 1745 the chaplain in Karres was responsible for the community. In 1745 Roppen received its own curate and has only been its own parish since then.
Culture and sights
- Brother Klaus Chapel
- Leonhard's Church
- Tschirgant rockslide nature reserve
- Earth pyramids
- The old town center around the Leonhardskirche with the fairground at the school yard area
- Römerbad on the Inntal cycle path
- Every four years Roppen organizes a carnival similar to the Imst Schemenlauf.
- Area 47: summer leisure area
Due to its sunny location and pleasant climatic conditions, Roppen is known for its orchards, in which old apple varieties, pears, stone fruits and even grapes thrive. The metal and industrial sectors are important sectors.
The proximity to the large ski areas in the Ötztal and Pitztal, as well as their central location in the white water and rafting area Imster Gorge, ensure that tourism is an important driving force in the Inntal community. The summer leisure area "Area 47", which was opened in 2010 and is largely located in the Roppen municipality, is intended to further boost regional summer tourism.
The last mayoral elections took place at the same time as the municipal council elections on March 14, 2010. The incumbent mayor Ingobert Mayr received 80% of the votes.
The community board consists of Mayor Ingobert Mayr and Johanna Schöpf from the SPÖ, Vice Mayor Günter Neururer and Stefan Rauch from the list Together for Roppen and Barbara Gstrein from the Roppen People's Party.
Sons and daughters of the church
- Peter Paul Pfausler (1871–1924), psychiatrist, agricultural specialist and state cultural advisor
- Johannes Raffl (1858–1927), Prince-Bishop of Brixen
- 70216 - Roppen. Community data, Statistics Austria .
- Roppen municipality
- Roppen , in the history database ofthe association "fontes historiae - sources of history"
- Summer leisure area Area 47
- Maria Therese Heiss: Parish Church of St. Leonhard in Roppen - Little Church Leader . Catholic Parish Roppen, S. 1 f .
- Tschirgant rockslide ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed April 13, 2011
- Municipal council election 2010 - Roppen municipality. In: Wahlen.tirol.gv.at. State of Tyrol, accessed on November 29, 2015 .
- Municipal Council. (No longer available online.) Roppen municipality, archived from the original on December 18, 2015 ; accessed on November 29, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Parish council. Roppen municipality, accessed on November 29, 2015 .