|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Basic data (as of 2019)|
|County :||Rhein-Lahn district|
|Area :||103.79 km 2|
|Residents:||9136 (Dec. 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||88 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||EMS, DIZ, GOH|
|Association key :||07 1 41 5005|
|Association structure:||21 municipalities|
|Location of the community of Katzenelnbogen in the Rhein-Lahn district|
The community of Katzenelnbogen was an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional body in the Rhein-Lahn district in Rhineland-Palatinate . The municipality of Katzenelnbogen belonged to the town of Katzenelnbogen as well as 20 independent local parishes ; the administrative seat was in the eponymous town of Katzenelnbogen. On July 1, 2019, the municipalities of Katzenelnbogen and Hahnstätten merged to form the municipality of Aar-Einrich .
The administrative area comprised a section of the Einrich landscape .
Association members communities
|Local parish, city||Area (km²)||Residents|
|Katzenelnbogen , city||9.20||2,230|
(Residents on December 31, 2018)
The community of Katzenelnbogen was established in 1972 as part of the Rhineland-Palatinate “functional and territorial reform”.
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to the area of the Verbandgemeinde Katzenelnbogen at the time of its dissolution; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
The last municipal council of Katzenelnbogen consisted of 24 voluntary council members who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 25, 2014 , and the full-time mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- Free voter group Einrich e. V.
- Aar-Einrich: A majority for the merger of the two municipalities of Katzenelnbogen and Hahnstätten achieved . Rhein-Zeitung , March 23, 2017, accessed on March 23, 2017.
- law on merger , accessed on January 26, 2018
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, Verbandsgemeinderatswahlen