|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Lahn district|
|Association municipality :||Aar facility|
|Height :||355 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.04 km 2|
|Residents:||156 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||31 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56370|
|Area code :||06486|
|License plate :||EMS, DIZ, GOH|
|Community key :||07 1 41 101|
|Association administration address:||Burgstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Heinz Eberhardt|
|Location of the local community Oberfischbach in the Rhein-Lahn district|
Oberfischbach was mentioned for the first time in 1195. The place belonged to the County of Katzenelnbogen , later became part of Hesse and was separated from Mittel- and Niederfischbach by a state border . Of the three Fischbachs, Niederfischbach disappeared when all residents emigrated to America in 1853. In 1866 the Duchy of Nassau and with it Oberfischbach were annexed by Prussia . Oberfischbach has been part of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946 . In 1972, as part of an administrative reform , the community of Katzenelnbogen was formed , to which the local community of Oberfischbach belonged until 2019 and which was then merged into the community of Aar-Einrich.
The development of the population of Oberfischbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Mayor of Oberfischbach is Heinz Eberhardt. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was elected with a share of 64.58% of the vote and is the successor to Herbert Geihslinger, who did not run again.
coat of arms
|Reasons for the coat of arms: The coat of arms of Oberfischbach and Mittelfischbach show three fish as symbols of the name Fischbach. The upper fish is shifted to the right for Oberfischbach , the middle one for Mittelfischbach, and if Niederfischbach were still there, the lowest fish would be in front of the row in its coat of arms.|
- Local municipality Oberfischbach on the website of the municipality of Aar-Einrich
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Aar-Einrich, Verbandsgemeinde, 26th line of results. Retrieved November 23, 2019 .