|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Lahn district|
|Association municipality :||Diez|
|Height :||242 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||8.92 km 2|
|Residents:||499 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||56 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||65558|
|Area code :||06439|
|License plate :||EMS, DIZ, GOH|
|Community key :||07 1 41 076|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Louise-Seher-Strasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Ulrich Strutt|
|Location of the local community Langenscheid in the Rhein-Lahn district|
The size of the district is 8.92 km², of which 3.43 km² are agricultural land and 5.41 km² are low and high forest. Langenscheid is 242 m above sea level. NN and has about 550 inhabitants. Its district is bounded east by the Daubach, south by the Lahn , west by the Schwarbach and north by the Hirschberg district . The district of Lahntal in the south of the municipality belongs to the municipality. In addition, there is a small part of Hirschberg on the Langenscheid district.
Langenscheid was first mentioned in 1298 as Langscheyt . The village on the "long Scheyde" takes its name from the elongated ridge that separates the Daubach and the Schwarbach as tributaries of the Lahn as a watershed . Langenscheid belonged to the county of Holzappel , from 1806 the place was part of the Diez office in the Duchy of Nassau , which was annexed by Prussia in 1866 . Since 1946 the place has been part of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate .
The population developed as follows in the 19th and 20th centuries: 1843: 423 inhabitants, 1927: 540 inhabitants, 1964: 585 inhabitants.
Langenscheid is assigned to the Roman Catholic parish of St. Bonifatius in Holzappel and belongs with it to the pastoral area of Diez , which in turn is incorporated into the Limburg dean's office in the Limburg diocese .
The local council in Langenscheid consists of twelve council members, who were elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a personalized proportional representation, and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
|choice||SPD||WGR 1||WGR 2||total|
Ulrich Strutt is the local mayor of Langenscheid. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 83.88% of the vote.
Sons and daughters of the church
- Ludwig Born (1813–1875), member of the Reichstag and Landtag
- Adolf Deißmann (1866–1937), Protestant theologian, papyrologist and ecumenist
- Oskar Wilhelm Koch (1907 – after 1976), district leader of the NSDAP of Worms and the Untertaunuskreis
- Website of the local community Langenscheid
- Local community Langenscheid on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Diez
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Diez, Verbandsgemeinde, 18th line of results. Retrieved November 9, 2019 .