Schönborn (Rhein-Lahn district)
|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Rhein-Lahn district|
|Association municipality :||Aar facility|
|Height :||320 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||11.71 km 2|
|Residents:||728 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||62 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56370|
|Area code :||06486|
|License plate :||EMS, DIZ, GOH|
|Community key :||07 1 41 126|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Burgstrasse 1
|Local Mayor :||Bernd Rossäuscher|
|Location of the local community Schönborn in the Rhein-Lahn district|
The name of the noble family of the Counts of Schönborn goes back to the village of Schönborn in the Rhein-Lahn district near Diez an der Lahn. A document from 1284 shows that there may already have been a settlement "on the beautiful Born" in Niederlahngau , which also included a church. The inhabitants were under the rule of the Counts of Katzenelnbogen . From 1651 Hessen-Darmstadt was sovereign. In 1806 the place was assigned to the Duchy of Nassau , which was annexed by the Kingdom of Prussia in 1866 . Schönborn has been part of the then newly formed state of Rhineland-Palatinate since 1946 . In 1972, as part of an administrative reform, the Verbandgemeinde Katzenelnbogen was formed , to which the local community Schönborn belonged until 2019 and which then became part of the Verbandsgemeinde Aar-Einrich.
In the district of Bärbach are the ruins of the Bärbach monastery , which was first mentioned in 1339 and abolished in the middle of the 16th century. The town of Bärbach itself was mentioned in a document in 1197 as a property of the Arnstein monastery .
The development of the population of Schönborn, values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The municipal council in Schönborn consists of twelve council members, who were elected by a majority vote in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the honorary local mayor as chairman. In the previous elections, the council members were elected in a personalized proportional representation.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
|2019||Majority vote||12 seats|
|2014||Majority vote||12 seats|
Local mayor of Schönborn is Bernd Roßtäuscher. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was re-elected with 74.82% of the vote.
coat of arms
The coat of arms of Schönborn tries to represent the name of the village: the beautiful Born .
|Reasons for the coat of arms: The colors red and gold are the colors of the Counts von Katzenelnbogen , to whom Schönborn used to belong.|
- Rudolf Herold: Schönborn - The history of the village and that of its famous namesake . Civil and parish of Schönborn, 1978.
- Georg Dehio : Handbook of the German art monuments . Rhineland-Palatinate / Saarland. Deutscher Kunstverlag, 1972, p. 799.
- Local community Schönborn on the website of the municipality of Aar-Einrich
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 43 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- Ferdinand Luthmer: The architectural and art monuments of the Lahn area , Frankfurt a. M .: Keller, 1907, p. 231 ( dilibri Rhineland-Palatinate )
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- The Regional Officer for Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Aar-Einrich, Verbandsgemeinde, last line of results. Retrieved November 23, 2019 .