|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Birch field|
|Association municipality :||Birch field|
|Height :||400 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.87 km 2|
|Residents:||437 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||152 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55767|
|Area code :||06787|
|License plate :||BIR|
|Community key :||07 1 34 085|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Schneewiesenstrasse 21
|Local Mayor :||Ottmar Ding|
|Location of the local community Sonnenberg-Winnenberg in the Birkenfeld district|
The "double community", consisting of the two districts Sonnenberg and Winnenberg, is located on the Nahe . In the east on the opposite bank of the Nahe is Frauenberg , in the south Kronweiler , in the west Niederbrombach and in the north is Idar-Oberstein .
The residential areas Birkensiedlung, Hohensteiner Hof and Schlesierhof also belong to Sonnenberg-Winnenberg .
The development of the population of Sonnenberg-Winnenberg, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
The council in Sonnenberg-Winnenberg consists of eight council members, who in the local elections on May 26, 2019 in a majority vote were elected, and the honorary mayor as chairman. In 2009–2014 the municipality council had twelve council members.
coat of arms
|Blazon : "Under a red-silver shield head in blue a rising black tip, covered with a golden 'W', in the field a golden sun limited by the tip."|
|Justification for the coat of arms: The checkerboard pattern is reminiscent of the former affiliation to the Hinteren Grafschaft Sponheim . The name of the place is shown below. The coat of arms was approved by the Rhineland-Palatinate Ministry of the Interior in 1963 .|
Economy and Infrastructure
In the northwest runs the federal highway 41 , which leads to the federal highway 62 in the south . The station in Sonnenberg was shut down in 1963. The nearest stop on the Bingen – Saarbrücken railway line is in Kronweiler .
- List of cultural monuments in Sonnenberg-Winnenberg
- List of natural monuments in Sonnenberg-Winnenberg
- Local community Sonnenberg-Winnenberg on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Birkenfeld
- Literature about Sonnenberg-Winnenberg in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 1, 2017 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 19 (PDF; 1.9 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections