|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Birch field|
|Association municipality :||Birch field|
|Height :||370 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||2.15 km 2|
|Residents:||88 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||41 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55765|
|Area code :||06782|
|License plate :||BIR|
|Community key :||07 1 34 022|
|Association administration address:||Schneewiesenstrasse 21
|Local Mayor :||Wolfgang Finck|
|Location of the local community of Elchweiler in the Birkenfeld district|
Geography and history
The “Old School” part of the community also belongs to Elchweiler. The living space is located south of the village on the community border with Schmißberg.
From 1934 to 1962 Elchweiler and neighboring were Schmißberg in the municipality Elchweiler-Schmißberg combined.
The development of the population of Elchweiler, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
Blazon : "Under a red-silver shield head in green, a golden elk antler with grind."
The coat of arms was approved by the Rhineland-Palatinate Ministry of the Interior in 1964 .
|Justification of the coat of arms: The elk antlers symbolize the place name ( talking coat of arms ) and the checkerboard pattern refers to the former affiliation to the Hinteren Grafschaft Sponheim .|
Economy and Infrastructure
- Local community Elchweiler on the website of the Verbandsgemeinde Birkenfeld
- Literature about Elchweiler in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2018 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 19 (PDF; 2.2 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections