|coat of arms||Germany map|
|County :||Birch field|
|Association municipality :||Herrstein-Rhaunen|
|Height :||397 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||5.27 km 2|
|Residents:||163 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||31 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||55758|
|Area code :||06785|
|License plate :||BIR|
|Community key :||07 1 34 093|
|Association administration address:||Brühlstrasse 16
|Local Mayor :||Michael Adam|
|Location of the local community of Wickenrodt in the Birkenfeld district|
The place was first mentioned in 961 as "Uuickenrodero" in Nahegau .
- Population development
The development of the population of Wickenrodt, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Evangelical parish church
The simple hall church with choir tower is embedded in an arrangement with a rectory , parish barn and parish garden on the south-eastern edge of the village. Its origins can be dated to the 13th century. The Romanesque choir tower has a late Gothic pointed helmet and contains two bells, the older one dates from around 1340, the younger bell was acquired from Achtelsbach in 1922 and is dated 1466. The originally Romanesque nave was significantly changed in the 18th and 19th centuries.
The municipal council in Wickenrodt consists of six council members who were elected by a majority vote in the local elections on May 26, 2019 , and the directly elected honorary local mayor as chairman.
Michael Adam became the local mayor of Wickenrodt in 2014. In the direct election on May 26, 2019, he was confirmed in his office for another five years with 88.89% of the votes.
Adam's predecessor Otmar Glöckner held the office from 1994 to 2014.
Every year a folk and children's festival is organized by the Wickenrodt Beautification Association (last weekend in July) and a regional riding tournament (1st weekend in September) by the local RV Wickenrodt riding club.
Every 2 years (even number of the year) there is a St. Nicholas market on the 1st Saturday in December around the parish hall.
Economy and Infrastructure
- Walther Veeck (1886–1941), historian and archaeologist
- Local community Wickenrodt on the website of the Herrstein-Rhaunen community
- Literature about Wickenrodt in the Rhineland-Palatinate state bibliography
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Andreas Nitsch: Mayors want to end projects that have already started. Michael Adam. In: Nahe newspaper. Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH, Koblenz, March 8, 2019, accessed on August 27, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Herrstein-Rhaunen, Verbandsgemeinde, third from last line of results. Retrieved August 27, 2020 .
- Freiherr vom Stein plaque: Quintet excellent. Otmar Glöckner. Birkenfeld district, November 4, 2016, accessed on August 27, 2020 .