Victor Cruz (football player)
Jersey number (s):
|born November 11, 1986 in Paterson , New Jersey|
|Active : 2010 - 2017|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|College : UMass|
* only offseason / no regular season use
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Career highlights and awards|
Victor Martell Cruz III (* 11. November 1986 in Paterson , New Jersey ) is a former American American football poker players on the position of wide receiver . He played from 2010 to 2016 for the New York Giants in the National Football League (NFL), with whom he won the Super Bowl XLVI .
Cruz made it into the NFL in 2010 as a rookie free agent in the training roster of the New York Giants from coach Tom Coughlin . After a good preseason game against local rivals New York Jets , in which he scored three touchdowns , he made the jump into the 53-man squad and completed three season games as a reservist, but without being able to book a single catch.
New York Giants
In 2011, Cruz unexpectedly joined the starting lineup after Pro Bowl wide receiver Steve Smith left the club and one after the other the receivers Mario Manningham , Hakeem Nicks and Domenik Hixon injured themselves . Cruz justified the confidence when he caught two touchdown throws from quarterback Eli Manning right in his first game against the Philadelphia Eagles . With consistently good performances he played his way into the regular formation, booked u. a. a 99- yard touchdown run against the Jets and concluded the regular season with 1536 yards of space gain (Giants club record) and nine touchdowns. With the Giants, Cruz made it into the Super Bowl XLVI , where he marked the touchdown in the 21:17 victory, which made it 8-0. In the following 2012 season, Cruz was able to confirm the performances (1092 yards of space gain, 86 passes caught, ten touchdowns), but the Giants missed the play-offs .
In 2012, Victor Cruz was elected to the Pro Bowl for the first time , where he caught a touchdown pass from Eli Manning. After a solid 2013 season (73 catches, 998 yards of space gained , four touchdowns), he suffered a patellar tendon tear in 2014 that put him out of action for almost two years. He celebrated his comeback in the 2016 season.
On February 13, 2017, he was released from the New York Giants after the 2016 season .
Cruz signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears on May 25, 2017 . As part of the downsizing of the Bears' squad, Cruz was released before the 2017 regular season . He ended his career in August 2018.
- Russell Steinberg: 2013 NFC Pro Bowl roster: Victor Cruz among 3 Giants on team . December 26, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- Jordan Raanan: Victor Cruz has surgery to repair patellar tendon on day after suffering injury in Giants loss . October 13, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- Victor Mather: Giants Release Wide Receiver Victor Cruz . February 13, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- Christian D'Andrea: Victor Cruz gets fresh start with rebuilding Bears . May 25, 2017. Retrieved May 26, 2017.
- Christian D'Andrea: Bears release Victor Cruz just months after signing him . September 1, 2017. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Cruz, Victor Martell III (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American football player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 11, 1986|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paterson , New Jersey , United States|