|Canton :||Basel-Country (BL)|
|BFS no. :||2865|
|Postal code :||4493|
|Height range :||509–669 m above sea level M.|
|Area :||5.92 km²|
|Residents:||722 (December 31, 2018)|
|Population density :||122 inhabitants per km²|
|Location of the municipality|
The municipality of Wenslingen borders Rothenfluh in the north, Anwil in the east, Oltingen in the south-east, Zeglingen in the south, Kilchberg in the south-west, Tecknau in the west and Ormalingen in the north-west .
Wenslingen was first mentioned in a document in 1280. In 1461 the village came under the rule of Basel . In 1814 Wenslingen was assigned to the Sissach district.
coat of arms
Wenslingen's coat of arms has existed since 1946. It is divided into two halves by a vertical line in the middle. On the left is a green fir tree on a gold background, which stands on a black floor. Right is a golden wheat - spike displayed on a red background.
- Hans-Rudolf Heyer: The art monuments of the canton of Basel-Landschaft, Volume III: The district of Sissach. Edited by the Society for Swiss Art History GSK. Bern 1986 (Art Monuments of Switzerland, Volume 77). ISBN 3-7643-1796-5 . Pp. 372-381.
- Official website of the municipality of Wenslingen
- Brigitte Frei-Heitz: Wenslingen. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Page about Wenslingen on the website of the canton of Basel-Landschaft ( Memento from August 5, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- Permanent and non-permanent resident population by year, canton, district, municipality, population type and gender (permanent resident population). In: bfs. admin.ch . Federal Statistical Office (FSO), August 31, 2019, accessed on December 22, 2019 .