Austrian cultural forum
|Position of the authority||subordinate agency|
|At sight||Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs (BMEIA)|
|founding||different uniform than since 2001 Austrian Cultural Forum named|
|Headquarters||various, mainly located at the foreign representations of the host cities|
|Authority management||various, civil servants or contract agents of the higher service|
|Website||at the respective diplomatic mission or your own website|
Österreichisches Kulturforum (spelling: austria kultur int ) is the collective name of several cultural institutes in various cities around the world, which are operated as a subsidiary of the Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs (BMEIA). Their task is the cultural and scientific dialogue with artists and scientists from the respective host country. The respective leaders have diplomatic status.
A cultural forum is geared towards the specific requirements of the respective local users and partners and works independently in terms of content. The Kulturforum positions Austria as a modern and cosmopolitan cultural nation. The international network of Austrian culture abroad currently consists of 29 cultural forums in 27 countries.
Austrian foreign cultural policy
Principles of Austrian foreign cultural policy:
- Austrian foreign cultural policy is active and formative. The "Foreign Culture ConceptNEU" has been in effect since 2001, in which the tasks and goals of foreign cultural policy are formulated. Since the culture of Austria offers the chance of worldwide awareness, international moments of attention should be created for Austria through cultural activities.
- The goals of Austrian foreign cultural policy are therefore:
- The location Austria in Europe should be made understandable and perceptible through cultural means.
- The international activities in the field of art, culture and science must be supplemented by educational projects, because the future European knowledge area depends on the success of European educational ideas.
- Commitment to a Europe of diversity is intended to counteract excessive identity politics, because, as Stefan Zweig already formulated, Austria allows both a patriot and a global citizen.
In addition, the goals of Austrian foreign cultural policy are determined by the following tasks:
- Austria wants to contribute to Europe becoming more cultural, because Europe's strengths also lie in its cultural diversity.
- Our neighbors should be won as allies in realizing the opportunities of the cultural area of Central Europe.
- Southeast Europe should be fully integrated into the cultural dialogue of Europe so that the strengthening of civil society in these countries facilitates stabilization.
- The dialogue between cultures and civilizations is to be strengthened in concrete terms, because Austria has had historical experience with the clash of languages and cultures and with totalitarian ideologies.
List of Austrian cultural forums
Partly founded as a cultural institute or set up as a cultural department of an Austrian embassy , all locations were renamed in March 2001 as a cultural forum in the language of the host country. The abbreviation of the city in which the Kulturforum is located is attached directly to this name, in superscript in each case.
|Country||city||founding||Name in local language||annotation|
|Serbia||Belgrade||2001||austrijski kulturni forum|
|Germany||Berlin||1991||Austrian cultural forum ber|
|Switzerland||Bern||2001||Austrian cultural forum|
|Slovakia||Bratislava||1990||rakúske kultúrne forúm|
|Belgium||Brussels||2001||forum culturel austrian bru , oostenrijks cultuurforum bru , austrian culture forum bru|
|Hungary||Budapest||1976||osztrák kulturális forum|
|Romania||Bucharest||1999||forumul cultural austriac|
|Turkey||Istanbul||1974||avusturya cold door ofisi|
|Egypt||Cairo||1959||austrian cultural forum|
|Ukraine||Kiev||1994||австрійський культурний форум|
|Poland||Krakow||1990||austriackie forum kultury||Not listed on the BMEIA website as of June 26, 2016.|
|1990||avstrijski kulturni forum|
|United Kingdom||London||1956||austrian cultural forum|
|Spain||Madrid||1992||foro cultural de austria|
|Italy||Milan||1993||forum austriaco di cultura|
|Mexico||Mexico city||2002||foro cultural de austria|
|Russia||Moscow||2001||Австрийский культурный форум в Москве|
|India||New Delhi||2007||austrian cultural forum|
|United States||new York||1956||austrian cultural forum nyc||New building by Raimund Abraham , opened in 2002 during the tenure of the then manager Christoph Thun-Hohenstein .|
|Canada||Ottawa||2001||austrian cultural forum|
|France||Paris||1954||Forum Culturel Austria|
|People's Republic of China||Beijing||2004||(中国) 奥地利 文化 论坛 [Zhōngguó] Àodìlì wénhuà lúntán|
|Czech Republic||Prague||1993||rakouské kulturní forum|
|Italy||Rome||1935||forum austriaco di cultura|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Sarajevo||2018||Austrijski kulturni forum Sarajevo||Part of the Austrian Embassy Sarajevo.|
|Iran||Tehran||1958||انجمن فرهنگی اتريش||The only cultural forum where German is also taught.|
|Japan||Tokyo||2001||オ ー ス ト リ ア 文化 フ ォ ー ラ ム|
|Poland||Warsaw||1965||austriackie forum kultury|
|United States||Washington||2001||austrian cultural forum what|
|Croatia||Zagreb||1974||austrijski kulturni forum|
- List of representative authorities of the Republic of Austria - list of embassies and their departments
- Österreich Institut GmbH - offers u. a. German courses abroad
- Austria libraries abroad
- List and description of the 27 cultural forums in 29 countries on the BMEIA website (as of June 26, 2016).
- Website of the Austrian Cultural Forum Brussels.
- Website of the Austrian Cultural Forum Moscow.
- Anne Midgette: A Quiet Cultural Force Leaves New York Richer as He Returns to Austria. In: The New York Times . August 30, 2007, accessed June 26, 2016.
- Accueil . In: Forum Culturel Austria . ( austrocult.fr [accessed February 14, 2017]).
- Website of the Austrian Cultural Forum Beijing.
- Website of the Austrian Cultural Forum Tokyo. Retrieved September 23, 2019 .