Calendar overview 848
In Orléans , Charles the Bald is
crowned King of Western France .
|848 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||296/297 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1391/92 (southern Buddhism); 1390/91 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||59th (60th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||210/211 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||226/227 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||233/234 (August 4th / 5th)|
|Jewish calendar||4608/09 (September 2/3)|
from urbe condita MDCI (1601)
Diocletian's era : 564/565 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1158/59 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1159/60 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||904/905 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Ludwig II begins a campaign against the Saracens in southern Italy .
- The Greek city of Lentini / Leontini in Sicily is destroyed by the Aghlabids .
- Viking Age : Conquest of Bordeaux by Vikings
- William of September takes control of the counties of Barcelona and Empúries .
- Condemnation of the monk Gottschalk von Orbais or Gottschalk von Sachsen as a false teacher at the synod in Mainz
- Alfons III ("The great"), King of Asturias († 910 )
- Strojimir , Župan of Raszien († 890 )
- 848 or 849 : Alfred the Great , King of England († 899 )