Kathrin "Kate" Romary Beckinsale (born July 26, 1973 in London , England ) is a British actress .
life and career
Beckinsale is the daughter of British television actors Richard Beckinsale and Judy Loe and the younger half-sister of actress Samantha Beckinsale . Her father died in 1979 at the age of 31. After graduating from high school, she started acting. In 1991 she took on a role in a television film about World War II , which made her famous in Great Britain. She then began studying French and Russian literature at the University of Oxford .
During her first year at Oxford Beckinsale was a role in Kenneth Branagh's film Much Ado About Nothing offered a film adaptation of Shakespeare's eponymous comedy . This film helped her to further roles in movies, which she shot while studying. She spent the final year of college in Paris before deciding to drop out after three years and concentrate on a career as an actress. Since then she has worked in several major film productions, while also working for television and theater.
She moved to America for because you exist . The breakthrough came with Pearl Harbor and her first action film Underworld , which was followed by several sequels. In the film Aviator, about the life of Howard Hughes , she played Ava Gardner .
Beckinsale has a daughter with the actor Michael Sheen (born January 31, 1999 in London). On May 9, 2004, she married the director Len Wiseman , whom she knew from filming Underworld . In November 2015, it became known that the couple had separated after 11 years of marriage.
She was voted Sexiest Woman Alive by readers of the US magazine Esquire in late 2009 . The following year she was appointed to the competition jury at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival .
Since Pearl Harbor (2001) Kate Beckinsale has usually been dubbed by Marie Bierstedt .
- 1991: Alone Against the Wind ( One Against the Wind , TV movie)
- 1992: Rachel's Dream (TV movie)
- 1993: Anna Lee: Headcase (TV movie)
- 1993: Much Ado About Nothing (Much Ado About Nothing)
- 1994: Secrets (Uncovered)
- 1994: Hamlet - Prince of Jutland (Prince of Jutland)
- 1995: Cold Comfort Farm (TV movie)
- 1995: Marie-Louise ou la permission
- 1996: Haunted - Haunted (Haunted)
- 1996: Emma (TV movie)
- 1997: Shooting Fish
- 1998: Last Days of Disco - History is made at night (The Last Days of Disco)
- 1998: Alice im Spiegelland ( Alice Through the Looking Glass , TV movie)
- 1999: Brokedown Palace
- 2000: The Golden Bowl (The Golden Bowl)
- 2001: Pearl Harbor
- 2001: Because you exist (Serendipity)
- 2002: Laurel Canyon
- 2003: Underworld
- 2003: Tiptoes
- 2004: Van Helsing
- 2004: Aviator (The Aviator)
- 2006: Underworld: Evolution
- 2006: Click (Click)
- 2007: Angels in the Snow (Snow Angels)
- 2007: Motel (Vacancy)
- 2008: Winged Creatures
- 2008: Nothing but the Truth (Nothing But the Truth)
- 2009: whiteout
- 2009: Underworld : Rise of the Lycans
- 2009: Everybody's Fine
- 2012: Underworld: Awakening
- 2012: Contraband
- 2012: Total Recall
- 2013: The Trials of Kate McCall : Murder, In the Name of Truth
- 2014: Stonehearst Asylum - You will never leave these walls (Stonehearst Asylum)
- 2014: The Face of an Angel
- 2015: Absolutely Anything
- 2016: Love & Friendship
- 2016: The Disappointments Room
- 2016: Underworld: Blood Wars
- 2017: The Only Living Boy in New York
- 2018: In My Skin
- 2019: The Widow (TV series)
- Kate Beckinsale in the Internet Movie Database (English)
↑ Anja Reichelt: Kate Beckinsale separation after eleven years of marriage! In: Bunte.de . November 21, 2015, accessed January 31, 2019 . Marriage broken! Kate Beckinsale & Len Wiseman are separated. In: Promiflash.de. November 20, 2015, accessed January 31, 2019 . Kate Beckinsale and Len Wiseman go their separate ways. In: vip.de. December 2, 2015, archived from the original on July 31, 2017 ; accessed on January 31, 2019 .
- ↑ Tom Chiarella: Kate Beckinsale Is the Sexiest Woman Alive 2009. In: Esquire . October 2, 2009, accessed January 31, 2019 .
Sexiest Woman Alive
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Beckinsale, Kathryn Bailey (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 26, 1973|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||London , England , UK|