City of Alsfeld
|Height :||296 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||7.25 km²|
|Residents :||511 (December 31, 2017)|
|Population density :||70 inhabitants / km²|
|Incorporation :||August 1, 1972|
|Postal code :||36304|
|Area code :||06631|
Liederbach was first mentioned in a document under the name Lyderbach in 1263.
The statistical-topographical-historical description of the Grand Duchy of Hesse reports on Liederbach in 1830:
"Liederbach (L. Bez. Alsfeld) evangel. Filialdorf, 3 ⁄ 4 St. from Alsfeld, has 45 houses and 360 Protestant residents, the majority of whom are farmers. The church is in Oberrod. - This place is called in 812, occasionally the dedication of the church in Schlitz. "
Territorial history and administration
The following list gives an overview of the territories in which Liederbach was located and the administrative units to which it was subordinate:
- before 1567: Holy Roman Empire , Landgraviate Hesse , Amt Romrod
- from 1567: Holy Roman Empire, Landgraviate Hessen-Marburg , Amt Romrod
- 1604–1648: Holy Roman Empire, disputed between Landgraviate Hessen-Darmstadt and Landgraviate Hessen-Kassel ( Hessian War )
- from 1604: Holy Roman Empire, Landgraviate Hesse-Darmstadt , Upper Duchy of Hesse , Upper Office Alsfeld, Office Romrod
- 1806: Grand Duchy of Hesse , Upper Principality of Hesse ,, Oberamt Alsfeld, Romrod Office
- from 1815: German Confederation , Grand Duchy of Hesse, Province of Upper Hesse , Romrod Office
- from 1821: German Confederation, Grand Duchy of Hesse, Province of Upper Hesse, District Romrod (separation between justice ( Alsfeld district court ) and administration)
- from 1829: German Confederation, Grand Duchy of Hesse, Province of Upper Hesse, District District Alsfeld (relocation of official headquarters)
- from 1832: German Confederation, Grand Duchy of Hesse, Province of Upper Hesse, Alsfeld district
- from 1848: German Confederation, Grand Duchy of Hesse, Alsfeld administrative region
- from 1852: German Confederation, Grand Duchy of Hesse, Province of Upper Hesse, Alsfeld district
- from 1866: North German Confederation , Grand Duchy of Hesse, Province of Upper Hesse, Alsfeld district
- from 1871: German Empire , Grand Duchy of Hesse, Province of Upper Hesse, Alsfeld district
- from 1918: German Empire, People's State of Hesse , Province of Upper Hesse, Alsfeld District
- from 1945: American zone of occupation , Greater Hesse , Darmstadt administrative district, Alsfeld district
- from 1949: Federal Republic of Germany , State of Hesse , Darmstadt administrative district, Alsfeld district
- On August 1, 1972, Liederbach was incorporated into Alsfeld as a district.
- from 1972: Federal Republic of Germany, State of Hesse, Darmstadt administrative district, Vogelsberg district
- from 1981: Federal Republic of Germany, State of Hesse, Gießen district , Vogelsberg district
Courts since 1803
In the Landgraviate of Hesse-Darmstadt , the judicial system was reorganized in an executive order of December 9, 1803. The “Hofgericht Gießen” was set up as a court of second instance for the province of Upper Hesse . The jurisdiction of the first instance was carried out by the offices or landlords and thus the Alsfeld office for Liederbach. The court court was the second instance court for normal civil disputes, and the first instance for civil family law cases and criminal cases. The superior court of appeal in Darmstadt was superordinate .
With the establishment of the Grand Duchy of Hesse in 1806, this function was retained, while the tasks of the first instance were transferred to the newly created regional courts in 1821 as part of the separation of jurisdiction and administration. "Alsfeld Regional Court" was therefore the name of the court of first instance in Alsfeld from 1821 to 1879, today's district court, which was responsible for Liederbach.
On the occasion of the introduction of the Courts Constitution Act with effect from October 1, 1879, as a result of which the previous grand-ducal Hessian regional courts were replaced by local courts in the same place, while the newly created regional courts now functioned as higher courts, the name was changed to the Alsfeld district court and the district was assigned to the district of the regional court Pouring . In the Federal Republic of Germany, the superordinate instances are the Regional Court of Giessen, the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main and the Federal Court of Justice as the last instance.
|• 1791:||209 inhabitants|
|• 1800:||231 inhabitants|
|• 1806:||266 inhabitants, 42 houses|
|• 1829:||360 inhabitants, 45 houses|
|• 1867:||334 inhabitants, 46 houses|
|Liederbach: Population from 1791 to 2015|
|Data source: Historical municipality register for Hesse: The population of the municipalities from 1834 to 1967. Wiesbaden: Hessisches Statistisches Landesamt, 1968. |
Further sources:; 2011 census ; 2015:
|• 1829:||360 evangelical residents|
|• 1961:||428 Protestant (= 89.35%) e, 41 Catholic (= 8.56%) e residents|
Economy and Infrastructure
The village is surrounded by meadows, fields and forests. At the entrance to the village there is a park with a fountain, there is also a new development area and an organic farmer in the village. The sports field, the old school (today the village community center) and the bell tower are meeting points for activities and celebrations.
- Liederbach, Vogelsbergkreis. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. (As of October 16, 2018). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Budget 2018, preliminary report. City of Alsfeld, accessed March 2020 .
- Georg Wilhelm Justin Wagner : Statistical-topographical-historical description of the Grand Duchy of Hesse: Province of Upper Hesse . tape 3 . Carl Wilhelm Leske, Darmstadt August 1830, OCLC 312528126 , p. 164 ( online at google books ).
- Law on the reorganization of the Alsfeld and Lauterbach districts (GVBl. II 330-12) of August 1, 1972 . In: The Hessian Minister of the Interior (ed.): Law and Ordinance Gazette for the State of Hesse . 1972 No. 17 , p. 215 , § 2 ( online at the information system of the Hessian state parliament [PDF; 1,2 MB ]).
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 347 .
- Michael Rademacher: German administrative history from the unification of the empire in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. State of Hesse. (Online material for the dissertation, Osnabrück 2006).
- Grand Ducal Central Office for State Statistics (ed.): Contributions to the statistics of the Grand Duchy of Hesse . tape 13 . G. Jonghause's Hofbuchhandlung, Darmstadt 1872, DNB 013163434 , OCLC 162730471 , p. 12 ff . ( Online at google books ).
- The affiliation of the Romrod office based on maps from the Historical Atlas of Hessen : Hessen-Marburg 1567–1604 . , Hessen-Kassel and Hessen-Darmstadt 1604–1638 . and Hessen-Darmstadt 1567–1866 .
- Wilhelm von der Nahmer: Handbuch des Rheinischen Particular-Rechts: Development of the territorial and constitutional relations of the German states on both banks of the Rhine: from the first beginning of the French Revolution up to the most recent times . tape 3 . Sauerländer, Frankfurt am Main 1832, OCLC 165696316 , p. 6 ( online at google books ).
- Hessen-Darmstadt state and address calendar 1806 . In the publishing house of the Invaliden-Anstalt, Darmstadt 1806, p. 230 ( online in the HathiTrust digital library ).
- Latest countries and ethnology. A geographical reader for all stands. Kur-Hessen, Hessen-Darmstadt and the free cities. tape 22 . Weimar 1821, p. 422 ( online at Google Books ).
- Georg W. Wagner: Statistical-topographical-historical description of the Grand Duchy of Hesse: Province of Upper Hesse . tape 3 . Carl Wilhelm Leske, Darmstadt 1830, p. 6th ff . ( online at Google Books ).
- Ordinance on the implementation of the German Courts Act and the Introductory Act to the Courts Constitution Act of May 14, 1879 . In: Grand Duke of Hesse and the Rhine (ed.): Grand Ducal Hessian Government Gazette. 1879 no. 15 , p. 197–211 ( online at the information system of the Hessian state parliament [PDF; 17.8 MB ]).
- Hessen-Darmstadt state and address calendar 1791 . In the publishing house of the Invaliden-Anstalt, Darmstadt 1791, p. 179 ( online in the HathiTrust digital library ).
- Hessen-Darmstadt state and address calendar 1800 . In the publishing house of the Invaliden-Anstalt, Darmstadt 1800, p. 189 ( online in the HathiTrust digital library ).
- Ph. AF Walther : Alphabetical index of the residential places in the Grand Duchy of Hesse . G. Jonghaus, Darmstadt 1869, OCLC 162355422 , p. 54 ( online at google books ).
- Selected data on population and households on May 9, 2011 in the Hessian municipalities and parts of the municipality. (PDF; 1 MB) In: 2011 Census . Hessian State Statistical Office
- 2017 budget , preliminary report.
- Liederbach district. In: Internet presence. City of Alsfeld
- On the history of Liederbach. In: www.alsfeld-liederbach.de. Private website
- Liederbach, Vogelsberg district. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Literature about Liederbach in the Hessian Bibliography