Matthias Miersch (* 19th December 1968 in Hannover ) is a German politician of the SPD . He has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2005 and spokesman for the parliamentary left of the SPD parliamentary group since July 2015 . In addition, since December 4, 2017, he has been deputy chairman of the SPD parliamentary group for the areas of the environment, nature conservation and nuclear safety ; Energy; Food and Agriculture and Tourism.
education and profession
After graduating from the Albert Einstein School in Laatzen in 1988 , Miersch began studying law at the University of Hanover , which he completed in 1993 with the first state examination in law. From 1988 to 1995 he did alternative military service at Johanniter Accident Aid . After his legal clerkship , in which he also completed a one-semester supplementary and postgraduate course at the German University of Administrative Sciences in Speyer , he passed the second state examination in 1997. His doctorate as Dr. jur. took place in 1999 at the University of Hanover with the work The so-called référé législatif - an investigation into the relationship between legislature, law and judicial office since the 18th century .
Miersch became a member of the SPD in 1990. From 2000 he was deputy chairman of the SPD sub-district Hannover-Land , from 2005 to 2009 of the sub -district Hanover region . In March 2009, Miersch was elected to succeed Heinrich Allers as chairman of the subdistrict. He held the office until April 2019. He has been chairman of the SPD district of Hanover since 2019. Since 2013 he has been a member of the SPD party executive .
Miersch was a member of the council of his hometown Laatzen from 1991 to 2018 and was chairman of the SPD parliamentary group there from 1995 to 2005.
He has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2005 . He has always entered the Bundestag as a directly elected member of the constituency of Hannover-Land II . In the 2005 Bundestag election , he won the constituency with 51.5 percent of the first votes and defended his mandate with 40.4 percent in 2009 , 43.4 percent in 2013 and 37.0 percent in 2017 .
From 2005 Miersch was a member of the Committee for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety , which was expanded to include the area of "construction" after the 2013 federal election. From 2009 to 2017 he was the environmental policy spokesman for his group. On June 30, 2015 he was elected spokesman for the parliamentary left in the SPD parliamentary group and was confirmed in this office on March 20, 2018.
From 2014 to 2016, as a member of the German Bundestag, he was also a full member of the Commission for the Storage of Highly Radioactive Waste (Repository Commission) in accordance with Section 3 of the Site Selection Act .
- Private website
- Result and election winner in constituency 47. In: welt.de. September 25, 2017. Retrieved January 12, 2018 .
- Members of the Committee for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety. ( Memento of the original from September 30, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. In: Bundestag.de , accessed on August 15, 2015.
- Matthias Miersch is the new spokesman for the parliamentary left parliamentarian-linke.de, June 30, 2015.
- election of the PL executive committee - parliamentary left . In: Parliamentary Left . March 20, 2018 ( parliamentarian-linke.de [accessed April 20, 2018]).
- https://www.bundestag.de/blob/434430/35fc29d72bc9a98ee71162337b94c909/drs_268-data.pdf , page 550.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||19th December 1968|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|