SPD party executive
The SPD party executive heads the Social Democratic Party of Germany . It implements the resolutions of the party congress and also adopts resolutions on important political issues. The party executive convenes the party congress . From the party executive committee emerges as the executive committee the party presidium, which includes the two chairmen, the deputy chairmen, the general secretary , the treasurer and the person responsible for the European Union as well as other assessors elected from among the board members.
According to the organizational statute, the SPD party executive consists of:
- the chairperson or two chairpersons with equal rights, including one woman,
- five deputy chairmen,
- the general secretary,
- the cashier (treasurer),
- the person responsible for the party executive for the European Union and
- a number of additional members to be determined by the party congress
- the chairperson of the control commission (takes part in the meetings of the party executive committee in an advisory capacity).
Advisory board members are not party board members within the meaning of Section 11 (2) of the Political Parties Act.
After the election at the party congress on December 6 and 7, 2019, the party executive committee will include:
- party leadership spd.de
- organizational statute spd.de
- The total number of members of the party executive committee must not exceed 34. Among the members to be elected individually, men and women must be represented by at least 40% among the members of the party executive committee. The gender quota should also be taken into account when electing the deputy.