Saxon State Ministry for Economics, Labor and Transport
Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labor and Transport
|position||Supreme state authority|
|founding||November 8, 1990|
|Headquarters||Dresden , Saxony|
|Authority management||Martin Dulig ( SPD ), Minister of State|
|Budget volume||1.65 billion euros (2016)|
The Saxon State Ministry for Economics, Labor and Transport ( SMWA ) is a supreme state authority of the Free State of Saxony with its seat in the state capital Dresden . It has existed since the Free State was founded in 1990. Until September 2009 it was called the Saxon State Ministry for Economics and Labor . The building is located in Dresden's government district in the Inner New Town . Martin Dulig ( SPD ) has been State Minister since November 13, 2014 , State Secretaries are Stefan Brangs and Hartmut Mangold .
Minister of State
Since it was founded in 1990, the ministry has had five ministers of state. Kajo Schommer was Minister from November 1990 to May 2002, Martin Gillo from May 2002 to November 2004 , Thomas Jurk from November 2004 to September 2009 , and Sven Morlok from September 2009 to November 2014 .
Below the management level (Minister of State, Press Office, State Secretaries), the ministry is divided into six departments:
- Department 1: Planning and Central Services
- Department 2: Labor
- Department 3: Economy
- Department 4: Principle
- Department 5: EU Affairs
- Department 6: Transport
Subordinate business area
Authorities subordinate to the Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labor and Transport are:
Responsibilities of the Ministry
The Economics Department of the State Ministry is responsible for promoting resident companies and companies willing to settle in the Free State of Saxony as well as tourism , health resorts and non-governmental spas .
In order to guarantee sufficient competition between the companies, mergers and takeovers are examined by the State Cartel Office. In addition, the monitoring of the energy industry , telecommunications and post is another area of responsibility. Furthermore, the State Ministry is responsible for monitoring the chambers of industry and commerce , crafts , engineers and the liberal professions .
Another field of activity is consumer protection .
The coordination and joint development of structural plans with the municipalities to improve the living and working situation while making optimal use of the available resources and at the same time reducing the structural gap within the Free State is another field of activity of the economics department.
- Labor law, labor market, occupational health and safety, occupational medicine
- Vocational training,
- Continuing education, retraining
- Payroll, collective bargaining, arbitration
- Employee participation
- Future of work
- Inland shipping
- Rail transport
- Promotion of municipal roads
- General transport planning
- Air transport and local public transport
- Road Administration
- Road and traffic law
- Street entertainment
- Traffic safety
Competitions of the Ministry
- Sächsische Staatsregierung (Ed.): Job reduction report of the state government on the state budget 2011/2012 . 7. Saxon State Ministry for Economics, Labor and Transport (SMWA, Epl. 07). S. 53 ( sachsen.de [PDF; 536 kB ; accessed on September 16, 2012]).
- Budget 2015/2016. (PDF; 2.3 MB) Master plan, budget law, master plans, overviews of budget plans. (No longer available online.) In: finanzen.sachsen.de. Saxon State Ministry of Finance (SMF), p. 19 , archived from the original on February 23, 2016 ; accessed on February 23, 2016 .
- Organization chart. (PDF; 56 kB ) (No longer available online.) Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labor and Transport, December 1, 2014, archived from the original on March 25, 2014 ; accessed on March 27, 2014 .
- sachsen.de Amt24: State Office for Road Construction and Transport. Saxon State Chancellery, accessed July 8, 2012 .
- Sachsen.de SMWA: Sächsisches Oberbergamt. Retrieved March 26, 2014 .
- sachsen.de Amt24: Saxon Mining Office. Saxon State Chancellery, accessed July 8, 2012 .