Serpil Midyatli (born Alkan ; born August 8, 1975 in Kiel ) is a German politician ( SPD ). She has been a member of the Schleswig-Holstein State Parliament since 2009 and has been the deputy parliamentary group leader there since 2010 . Since 2017 she has been involved in the SPD party executive at the federal political level. She has been state chairwoman of the SPD Schleswig-Holstein since March 2019 . She has been Deputy Federal Chairwoman of her party since December 6, 2019.
Education, job and private life
Midyatli was born as the daughter of Turkish immigrants in Kiel and grew up in the Gaarden district . After completing secondary school, she switched to a business high school in 1992, but dropped out of school to take over the management of a restaurant run by her family in 1994. In 2004 she founded a culture and event service with her husband and ran a concert hall with them. She also ran a catering service from 2007 to 2009.
Midyatli is of Islamic faith, is married and has two children.
In 2015 she was accepted into the Presidium of the Schleswig-Holstein Homeland Federation, to which she is currently the 3rd deputy of the President.
In 2000 Serpil Midyatli joined the SPD. At first she got involved in local politics. From 2003 to 2009 she was a member of the Kiel-Gaarden local advisory board and from 2008 to 2009 a member of the economic committee of the city of Kiel . After she was active on the district board of AWO Kiel from 2003 to 2007 , she became a member of the board of AWO Schleswig-Holstein in 2011.
In the state election on September 27, 2009 , she ran for the first time for the Schleswig-Holstein state parliament and ran in the constituency of Eckernförde . She missed direct entry, but was able to achieve a list mandate over 13th place on the SPD state list. She was a member of the Interior and Legal Committee. Midyatli was the first Muslim member of the Schleswig-Holstein state parliament.
In the early state elections on May 6, 2012 , she ran again in the constituency of Eckernförde and lost just under the CDU competitor Daniel Günther (35.7%) with a first vote share of 33.3% . Second place on the SPD state list helped her to re-enter the state parliament. She was elected deputy group leader and was a member of the economic committee. For her parliamentary group , she took over the office of spokesperson for housing, integration and migration.
In the state elections in Schleswig-Holstein in 2017 , she also moved into the state parliament at number 2 on the list, where she acts as the parliamentary group spokesperson for family policy, equality, integration and childcare. She was confirmed in office as deputy group leader. At the SPD federal party conference from December 7th to 9th, 2017, she was elected to the SPD party executive for the first time after the Working Group for Migration and Diversity had nominated her.
On March 30, 2019, she was elected state chairman of the SPD Schleswig-Holstein. Before the runoff election of the members' vote for the 2019 SPD chairmanship , Midyatli spoke out in public for Saskia Esken and Norbert Walter-Borjans .
The new SPD federal executive committee was elected at the party conference on December 6, 2019. Saskia Esken and Norbert Walter-Borjans were elected as the new chairmen of the SPD. Serpil Midyatli was proposed by the two as deputy federal chairman and then elected to office by the party congress.
- Official website of Serpil Midyatli
- Serpil Midyatli in the Schleswig-Holstein state parliament information system
- Serpil Midyatli with the SPD parliamentary group Schleswig-Holstein
- Thomas Hahn: Serpil Midyatli: Nordic by Nature. In: sueddeutsche.de . September 5, 2018, accessed September 6, 2018 .
- https://www.serpil-midyatli.de/mein-weg/ , accessed September 9, 2018
- Annette Bruhns: Stegner's political foster daughter takes over . Spiegel Online, September 9, 2018
- Final result of the election to the Schleswig-Holstein State Parliament on September 27, 2009 - announcement by the State Returning Officer on October 16, 2009 - see p. here: applicants elected in the constituencies + applicants elected from the state lists
- Statistical Office for Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein - State elections in Schleswig-Holstein on September 27, 2009 - Final result. - s. here 1.6: Applicants selected from the state lists
- See also the list of members of the Schleswig-Holstein Landtag (17th electoral term) .
- Statistical Office for Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein - State elections in Schleswig-Holstein on May 6, 2012: Area: 09 Eckernförde - first votes
- people. SPD parliamentary group Schleswig-Holstein, accessed on September 6, 2018 .
- SPD chairman Midyatli for Walter-Borjans / Esken. Retrieved December 6, 2019 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Alkan, Serpil (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 8, 1975|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kiel|