Melanie Leonhard (born July 14, 1977 in Hamburg ) is a German politician ( SPD ). From 2015 to 2020 she was Senator for Labor, Social Affairs, Family and Integration of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg and has been Senator for Labor, Health, Social Affairs, Family and Integration since 2020 . From 2011 to 2015 she was a member of the Hamburg Parliament and since 2018 she has been chairwoman of the SPD Hamburg .
Leonhard moved with her family from Wilhelmsburg to Harburg at the age of nine and attended the Lessing secondary school after completing secondary school at the Harburg Catholic School . After graduating from high school in 1996 and completing a voluntary social year , she began studying social and economic history , political science and geography at the University of Hamburg in 1998 , which she completed in 2004 with a Magistra Artium . In 2009 she was at the University of Hamburg with a thesis on the development of a family business: the shipowners and shipbuilders family Rickmers in German shipbuilding and the German cruise from 1834-1918 doctorate . From 2008 to 2013 she was a research assistant at ER Capital Holding, the holding company of ER Schiffahrt and Nordcapital , and from 2013 to 2015 she was head of the Harburg City History Department at the Hamburg Archaeological Museum .
In the 2011 state elections , she was elected to the Hamburg citizenry at number 9 on the state list . She was a member of the Family, Children and Youth Committee, the Interior Committee and the Urban Development Committee. She was also the family policy spokeswoman for the SPD parliamentary group. In the 2015 state elections she was re-elected to the Hamburg citizenship at 6th place on the state list , and placed 4 in the state list in the 2020 state elections . Her citizenship mandate has been suspended since her appointment to the Senate.
On October 1, 2015, she was appointed to succeed Detlef Scheele as Senator for Labor, Social Affairs, Family and Integration in Senate Scholz II . After she also held this post in the Tschentscher I Senate , she is a member of the Tschentscher II Senate as Senator for Labor, Health, Social Affairs, Family and Integration .
From June 21, 2014 she was deputy chairwoman of the SPD Hamburg and on March 24th 2018 she was elected state chairwoman with 94.6 percent of the delegate votes as the successor to Olaf Scholz , who became Federal Minister of Finance in the Merkel IV cabinet . On June 9, 2018, she was confirmed in office with 95 percent of the delegate's votes.
- The entrepreneurial family Rickmers 1834–1918: shipbuilding, shipping, trade (= German maritime studies. Vol. 8). Hauschild, Bremen 2009, ISBN 978-3-89757-452-6 (At the same time: Hamburg, University, Department of History, Dissertation, 2009 under the title: Leonhard, Melanie: The development of a family business: The shipowner and shipbuilder family Rickmers in German shipbuilding and German shipping from 1834–1918).
- with Jörn Lindner 175 years of Rickmers. Hoffmann & Campe, Hamburg 2009, ISBN 978-345-55011-1-7 .
- Rickmers: From sailing ship to corporation. Shipping, shipbuilding, trade 1834–1918. In: Jürgen Elvert , Sigurd Hess, Heinrich Walle (Eds.) Maritime Economy in Germany. Shipping - shipyards - trade - sea power in the 19th and 20th centuries. Lectures at the Shipping History Conference of the German Society for Shipping and Marine History (DGSM) in Hamburg from November 5th to 7th, 2010. (= Historical communications of the Ranke Gesellschaft. Vol. 82). Steiner, Stuttgart 2012, ISBN 978-3-515-10137-0 , pp. 33-44
- “Much has an effect to this day” neue-kirchenzeitung.de, January 11, 2017
- City history in the Helms-Museum: Melanie Leonhard is on the train harburg-aktuell.de, October 16, 2013
- Melanie Leonhard: A Marmstorfer at the top of the Hamburg SPD harburg-aktuell.de, March 10, 2018
- About winners and losers in the fight for the citizenship mandate harburg-aktuell.de, February 17, 2015
- Harburg's members of parliament: There were a few surprises harburg-aktuell.de, February 25, 2020
- Hamburg's new Senator for Social Affairs Leonhard officially in office zeit.de, October 1, 2015
- Has proven itself, can go zeit.de, June 7, 2020
- The Hamburg SPD has a new chairwoman faz.net, March 24, 2018
- The Hamburg SPD has a new chairwoman welt.de, June 10, 2018
- Imprint rickmer-rickmers.de
- Association board amh.de
- Kuratorium stiftunglesen.de
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), Senator in Hamburg|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 14, 1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|