Lower Saxony State Chancellery
Lower Saxony State Chancellery
|position||Supreme state authority|
|Headquarters||Hanover , Lower Saxony|
|Authority management||State Secretary Jörg Mielke|
The Lower Saxony State Chancellery supports the Prime Minister of the country Lower Saxony . The headquarters of the State Chancellery is in Planckstrasse in the Lower Saxony state capital, Hanover . The State Chancellery has government offices in Braunschweig , Lüneburg and Oldenburg and also operates the state government guest house in Lüerstraße in Hanover. The State Chancellery has been headed by State Secretary Jörg Mielke (SPD) since February 19, 2013 .
The State Chancellery is comparable to a ministry, it is more or less the ministry of the Prime Minister. The joint rules of procedure of the state government and the ministries in Lower Saxony regulate this in Section 4:
“ The prime minister uses the state chancellery to fulfill his or her duties and to manage the business of the state government. This is carried out by the head of the State Chancellery. She or he represents the Prime Minister with regard to the tasks of the State Chancellery. The State Chancellery coordinates their tasks, taking into account the responsibility of the ministries. To this end, it is to be informed in good time about projects of political importance [...] , in particular about intended legislative projects , by submitting appropriate documents . "
The head of the state chancellery is a state secretary. Unlike the state secretaries in the ministries, the office of the head of the state chancellery is not classified in salary group B 9, but in salary group B 10.
The State Chancellery is still responsible for international cooperation, media policy , the promotion of small and medium- sized enterprises and the reduction of bureaucracy . She also coordinates the award of state awards and honors in Lower Saxony.
Until 2017, the Federal and European Affairs departments and thus the state representations in Berlin and Brussels were located in the State Chancellery. Since then, these areas have belonged to the new Ministry for Federal and European Affairs and Regional Development .
The legal simplification working group in the State Chancellery examines the necessity of legal norms as well as legal clarity and unambiguity before they are enacted. It is also responsible for the simplification of applicable state law and the legal impact assessment, i.e. the examination of intended laws and ordinances with regard to their effects on personnel and material costs in the state and local authorities and also in the private sector or private individuals.
In addition to the Press and Information Office, the Prime Minister's Office, the Commissioner for Migration and Participation and the SME Commissioner, which are directly assigned to the Prime Minister and the Head of the State Chancellery, the State Chancellery is divided into three departments , which are in turn divided into 16 sections . The government representatives form a unit group:
- Department 1: Policy guidelines, departmental coordination and planning
- Department 2: Law, Administration, Media, International Cooperation
- Department 3: Departmental coordination MS, migration and participation
The Lower Saxony State Archives and the Lower Saxony State Media Authority are part of the State Chancellery's division. After the restructuring of the archive administration of Lower Saxony, the State Chancellery became its supervisory authority .
The building at the - today's - address Planckstraße 2 was originally built in 1935 for the Royal Yugoslav Consulate General . The entrepreneur Hans Lerch was the consul general since 1928 . The twin house Planckstrasse 2/3 , built according to plans by the architect Adolf Springer in the neoclassical style , also served as the administrative headquarters for the technology wholesaling of JH Lerch & Co., GmbH
- Addresses & directions. In: stk.niedersachsen.de . Lower Saxony State Chancellery, accessed on April 2, 2019 .
- Presentation of the self-image on the website of the State Chancellery
- Joint rules of procedure of the state government and the ministries in Lower Saxony published in the Lower Saxony Regulations Information System, accessed on October 24, 2013
- tasks. Retrieved January 2, 2012 .
- Klaus Mlynek : 1935 , in: Hannover Chronik , pp. 175–177; here: p. 176
- Helmut Plath, Herbert Mundhenke, Ewald Brix: JH Lerch & Co., GmbH, Hanover , in this: Home chronicles of the capital Hanover Home chronicles of the cities and districts of the federal territory , (Vol. 17), Cologne: Archive for German home care, 1956 , P. 443f.
- Helmut Knocke : State Chancellery. In: Klaus Mlynek, Waldemar R. Röhrbein (eds.) U. a .: City Lexicon Hanover . From the beginning to the present. Schlütersche, Hannover 2009, ISBN 978-3-89993-662-9 , p. 583.