Stefan Kaufmann (lawyer)
Kaufmann studied law at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main . After his state exams, he worked in local government in Hesse before he was appointed judge in 1987. In 1989 he was appointed judge at the Frankfurt am Main regional court . In the course of reunification, he came to Erfurt in 1992 . There, the establishment of the state justice examination office was one of his tasks, in 1993 he became a judge at the Thuringian higher regional court in Jena .
Kaufmann was appointed President of the Thuringian Judicial Examination Office in 2000 and head of the Central Department in the Thuringian Ministry of Justice in 2004 , before he returned to Jena and took up the position of President of the Thuringian Higher Regional Court on October 14, 2006. Kaufmann was the initiator of the association founded in 2007 for the restoration of the historical library of the Thuringian Higher Regional Court, whose holdings go back to the time of the court court and thus to the 16th century. On January 30, 2017 Kaufmann was from the Law Faculty of the University of Jena , the honorary doctorate awarded.
Kaufmann was elected President of the Thuringian Constitutional Court on June 21, 2018 with 72 of 88 votes cast and then sworn in after the parliamentary groups in the Thuringian State Parliament were initially unable to agree on a common candidate for months. Due to the persistent vacancy , the court threatened to be incapable of acting. Finally, the parliamentary group Die Linke decided to support the businessman proposed by the CDU . The election proposal was also supported by Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen and the SPD .
In February 2020 a merchant from was FDP chairpersons Christian Lindner suggested as a possible transitional Prime Minister of Thuringia, after previously the FDP Thuringia with the preparation of Thomas Kemmerich (FDP) as prime minister candidate whose election using the AFD later carried out and its few days of withdrawal a Had triggered government crisis. Kaufmann then stated that it was "out of the question" and that it was "unprofessional" to give a name without asking the person.
Kaufmann was at times a member of the CDU.
- Air law and aviation radio , Motorbuch-Verlag, Stuttgart 2006, ISBN 978-3-613-02580-6 .
- (Ed.): Constitutional and administrative law Free State of Thuringia , 3rd edition, Müller, Heidelberg 2007, ISBN 978-3-8114-3509-4 .
- Handbuch der Justiz 2010/11, CFMüller, Heidelberg 2010, ISBN 978-3-8114-3916-0 , p. 428.
- Key qualifications for lawyers: The Faculty of Law awards an honorary doctorate to Stefan Kaufmann on January 30 at uni-jena.de (accessed on June 21, 2018).
- Lecture on the (cheerful) poem ”by President of the Higher Regional Court Stefan Kaufmann from Jena , press release of the OLG Celle on the lecture on October 24, 2012 (accessed on June 21, 2018).
- History of the historical library at ThürOLG on the website of the Friends' Association (accessed on June 21, 2018).
- Constitutional Court has a new President: Carius congratulates Kaufmann and thanks his predecessor Aschke , press release of the Thuringian Parliament of June 21, 2018.
- Kaufmann is the new President of the Thuringian Constitutional Court , message from June 21, 2018 on thueringer-allgemeine.de.
- Lukas C. Gundling: Constitutional crisis averted in Thuringia - a report in the journal for state constitutional law and state administrative law (ZLVR), pp. 105-108.
- dispute over court presidents: Is a Thuringian constitutional crisis looming? , Article from May 24, 2018 on the Thüringer Allgemeine website.
- ThürVerfGH, decision of April 11, 2018, VerfGH 8/18 , p. 3 and ThürVerfGH, decision of April 11, 2018, VerfGH 3/17 , p. 4.
- Kaufmann as a compromise: End of the dispute over the occupation of the Thuringian constitutional court president , article on mdr.de from June 21, 2018.
- LT-Drs. 6/5853 (accessed June 21, 2018).
- Ramelow calls Lindner advance an imposition. In: Tagesspiegel . February 13, 2020, accessed February 19, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and judge|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 30, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt am Main|