|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Tamsweg|
|License plate :||TA|
|Residents :||355 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||5592|
|Area code :||06476|
|Community code :||5 05 11|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Klaus Drießler (together for Thomatal)|
Municipal Council : (2019)
|Location of Thomatal in the Tamsweg district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Thomatal is one of the 15 communities in the Tamsweg (Lungau) district in the State of Salzburg in Austria with 355 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2020). The community has been independent since 1891, is above sea level and covers 75.68 km².
The municipality of Thomatal lies in the valley furrow between the Schwarzenberg and the Lungauer Nockberge in the Salzburg Lungau Biosphere Park and the Carinthian Nockberge . The Schönfeldsattel forms a transition into the Krems (Carinthia).
The municipal area is divided into two cadastral communities or towns of the same name (area 2016, population as of January 1, 2020):
- Bundschuh (5,118.19 ha, 35 pop.)
- Thomatal (2,453.06 ha, 320 pop.)
Thomatal has a long mining tradition. A careful observer discovers evidence of days gone by, such as B. the blast furnace with its museum.
coat of arms
Blazon (coat of arms description):
- In the blue shield on a green mountain of three a silver, round melting furnace , from which three flames blaze above .
The community council has a total of 9 members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 5 LT, and 4 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2009 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 5 LT, and 4 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2014 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 5 LT, and 4 FPÖ.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Salzburg in 2019 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 9 GfT.
- 1994–2019 Valentin König (Thomatal list)
- since 2019 Klaus Drießler (together for Thomatal)
Culture and sights
- Edenvest castle ruins
- Catholic parish church Thomatal hl. Georg: Also a pilgrimage church, first mentioned in 1470. A statue in front of the parish church reminds of the most famous pastor of the Lungau, Valentin Pfeifenberger , it shows the pastor with the donkey during the Palm Sunday parade.
- Blast furnace in Bundschuh
The place is ideal as a starting point for hikes in the mountainous landscape or for a relaxing holiday. In the Schönfeld winter sports area ( touring or cross-country skiing on the high-altitude trail.) you can go
- Valentin Pfeifenberger (1914–2004), pastor
- Federal Office for Metrology and Surveying, Regional Information, reference date December 31, 2016, accessed on February 19, 2017
- Statistics Austria: Population on January 1st, 2020 by locality (area status on January 1st, 2020) , ( CSV )
- Valentin König . In: Salzburger Nachrichten : Salzburgwiki .