|coat of arms||Germany map|
|State :||Lower Saxony|
|Joint municipality :||Elm aces|
|Height :||91 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||18.22 km 2|
|Residents:||2795 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||153 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||38321|
|Area code :||05331|
|License plate :||WF|
|Community key :||03 1 58 008|
|Community structure:||4 districts|
|Association administration address:||Markt 3
|Mayor :||Thomas Fricke ( SPD )|
|Location of the community of Denkte in the district of Wolfenbüttel|
The four districts of the municipality are (as of December 1, 2016) :
- Groß Denkte (1872 inhabitants, 9.77 km²)
- Klein Thought (455 inhabitants, 2.77 km²)
- Neindorf (321 inhabitants, 3.05 km²)
- Sottmar (270 inhabitants, 2.58 km²)
The community was first mentioned in a document in the 9th century. The village of Groß Denkte came to the Gandersheim monastery through a donation from Count Liudolf in 856 . The monastery then remained in the possession of the place until the secularization in 1803. From around 1539 to 1807 the local manor was the seat of the noble court of Neindorf. In the 19th and 20th centuries there was a significant economic upswing in the region due to potash mining in the Neindorf and Hedwigsburg shafts, which led to a strong increase in population. On March 1, 1974, the communities of Groß Denkte, Klein Denkte, Neindorf and Sottmar were combined to form the new community of Denkte.
The municipal council, which was elected on September 11, 2016, is composed as follows:
(Status: local election on September 11, 2016)
Guido Bartschat has been honorary mayor of the community of Denkte since 2016.
- until 2011: Guido Bartschat (CDU)
- 2011 to 2016: Thomas Fricke (SPD)
- since 2016: Guido Bartschat (UWG)
coat of arms
The municipality of Thought, unlike its districts, does not have a coat of arms.
- Karl Maßberg: The villages of the Bailiwick of Groß Denkte, their land constitution and village complex . Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1930.
- State Office for Statistics Lower Saxony, LSN-Online regional database, Table 12411: Update of the population, as of December 31, 2019 ( help ).
- districts of Denkte in the coat of arms descriptions ( Memento of the original from February 21, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer GmbH, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 273 .
- https://wahlen.kdo.de/content.php?kunde=sg_elm_asse&wahlverz=sg_elm_asse/web/201609_K__Gemeindewahl_Denkte_11.09.2016&wahlname=Gemeindewahl_Denkte_11.09.2016&datei=16080915585282_0_1_txt_p_.html Accessed on January 14, 2019