district of Hamburg
|Residents||24,536 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density||11,153 inhabitants / km²|
|Source: Statistical Office for Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein|
Altona-Nord is a district of Hamburg in the Altona district . The district corresponds to the northern suburb of the Holstein city of Altona, which was independent until 1938, plus former parts of the Ottensen district .
Altona-Nord borders in the west on Ottensen and Bahrenfeld , in the northwest on Stellingen , in the north and east on Eimsbüttel and in the south on Altona-Altstadt . The borderline between Altona-Nord and Altona-Altstadt largely coincides with Max-Brauer-Allee running northeast from Altona train station , with the exception of an arch that bends north from the intersection with Holstenstrasse and includes the station Holstenstrasse in the area from Altona-Altstadt runs back to Max-Brauer-Allee via Stresemannstraße . The northeasternmost part of the border on this road touches the area of the Schanzenviertel to the east for almost 200 meters . Altona-Nord only became an independent district after the Second World War; until then it was part of the Altona old town.
From 2000 to 2008 the population increased by 2.9 percent, from 2008 to 2017 by 3.9 percent.
- Minor quota: 15.9% [Hamburg average: 16.3% (2017)].
- Old age quota: 10.0% [Hamburg average: 18.2% (2017)].
- Proportion of foreigners: 19.1% [Hamburg average: 17.1% (2017)].
- Unemployment rate: 6.5% [Hamburg average: 5.2% (2017)].
The average income per taxpayer in Altona-Nord is EUR 29,901 per year (2013), the Hamburg average is EUR 39,054.
- SPD 35.8% (−10.4)
- Greens 25.8% (+4.3)
- Left 22.9% (+7.05)
- CDU 4.3% (−1.9)
- FDP 2.7% (+0.4)
- AfD 2.1% (+2.1)
- Remaining 6.4% (−1.5)
Culture and sights
- On the former Diebsteich (now a sports field) are the buildings of the Altona employment office and the Lunapark apartment block , which were built in the 1920s according to plans by Altona's senior building director Gustav Oelsner , two pioneering examples of New Building .
- The district has been home to the Neue Flora musical theater, which was heavily controversial at the time, since 1990 .
- The last remnant of the former Victoria barracks , which was built after 1880, is still on the corner of Bodenstedtstrasse and Zeiseweg . This massive building with the striking tin towers as well as the former riding and parade hall in the neighboring Haubachstrasse are among the last testimonies of military brick buildings from the Wilhelmine era in northern Germany. After the Franco-German War , the infantry regiment "Graf Bose" (1st Thuringian) No. 31 Altona was assigned as a new garrison and the barracks moved into. After being used by the police, customs and the University of Hamburg in the meantime, the barracks is now being renovated and developed into a “place for culture, district and educational work and small businesses” and the fux Lichtspiele .
- Along the Max-Brauer-Allee there are several listed buildings from the period around 1900: the Nyegaard-Stift , the buildings of the district court and the former regional court as well as the Gymnasium Allee .
Economy and Infrastructure
In the district the federal highway 431 meets the federal highway 4 . On the latter, after several fatal traffic accidents in the 1980s in the area of the eastern Stresemannstrasse, the maximum speed was limited to 30 km / h.
The Hamburg-Altona train station is located in Altona (north) along with its extensive track system. The train station is one of the central transport hubs for local transport in Hamburg. Altona station is served by five of Hamburg's six S-Bahn lines by rail. The bus station above the train station is used by the lines
- 1 (Bf. Altona - S Rissen)
- 2 (train station Altona - Schenefeld, Achterndiek)
- 15 (S Klein Flottbek / S Othmarschen - Alsterchaussee)
- 20 (Altona station - S Rübenkamp)
- 25 (Altona station - Sachsenstrasse)
- 37 (Schenefelder Platz - Bramfelder Dorfplatz)
served. The lines E86 (temporarily), 111, 112, 150, 183, 250, 283 and 288 also run here; Lines 600, 601, 609, 621 and 688 run at night.
The Holsten-Brauerei AG (founded in 1879) is based in the area of what is today the district, and announced the abandonment of the location in 2016. The dismantling of the production facilities and the move were planned for 2019, but the first brewing tanks moved in mid-2018 and the new production facility in Hamburg-Hausbruch went into operation in November 2019 .
Reyher-Schrauben has been based here since 1959 .
The headquarters of Sparda-Bank Hamburg , the largest cooperative bank in Northern Germany, is located near the train station.
In addition to nine kindergartens, there are six schools which were attended by 2,587 students in 2007.
- List of streets, squares and bridges in Hamburg-Altona-Nord
- List of cultural monuments in Hamburg-Altona-Nord
- List of stumbling blocks in Hamburg-Altona-Nord
- Statistics North: Special information on population development in the Hamburg districts, accessed October 15, 2009 (PDF; 261 kB)
- Statistics North website, accessed November 4, 2018.
- minors in the Hamburg districts in 2017
- Proportion of 65-year-olds and older in the Hamburg districts in 2017
- foreigners in the Hamburg districts in 2017
- Unemployment rate in the Hamburg districts in 2017
- Statistical Office for Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (ed.): Hamburg District Profile 2016 (= NORD.regional . Volume 19 ). 2018, ISSN 1863-9518 ( Online PDF 6.6 MB [accessed February 12, 2018]).
- German Foundation for Monument Protection: Viktoria-Kaserne. In the past drill - today creativity in every corner. Retrieved December 20, 2018 .
- Die Welt: Former Viktoria barracks secured for cultural workers. Retrieved December 20, 2018 .
- Jana Werner: Hamburg: Holsten Brewery is moving in 2018 . In: THE WORLD . February 11, 2016 ( welt.de [accessed October 25, 2017]).
- NDR: Holsten Brewery: The tanks are already moving . In: NDR . June 12, 2018 ( ndr.de [accessed December 20, 2018]).
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from June 19, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.