After graduating from high school, Illner studied at the extended secondary school Friedrich Engels (today: Andreas-Gymnasium ) in the East Berlin district of Friedrichshain from 1984 to 1988 at the journalism section of the Karl Marx University in Leipzig . She then worked as a sports journalist for GDR television . In 1989 she moved to the foreign editorial office of the German TV broadcaster . In 1986, while still a student, she joined the SED , but left the party again in 1989. Afterwards Illner moderated the series azur - the travel journal and evening journal - until the dissolution of the German television station at the end of 1991 .
As political editor of the ZDF , she was one of the moderators of the ZDF morning magazine from 1992 , which she took over in 1998. Occasionally she represented Ulrich Kienzle at the news magazine Frontal . In October 1999 she was offered the management of the ZDF program in Berlin Mitte ; the title of the show was changed to Maybrit Illner on March 14, 2007 . She was co-moderator of the television duels for the federal elections in 2002 , 2005 , 2009 , 2013 and 2017 .
From September 4, 2010 to December 9, 2012, in addition to her talk show, alternating with Claus Kleber and Marietta Slomka , she hosted the heute-journal (about 40 programs per year) as the successor to Steffen Seibert , who became government spokesman. She was replaced by Christian Sievers in the course of 2013 . From then on, Illner concentrated exclusively on her talk show.
According to his own statements, Illner's first name was modeled on the Swedish first name Maj-Britt.
Maybrit Illner was married to Michael Illner from 1988 , from whom she separated in November 2007 and later divorced. Since August 14, 2010 she has been married to René Obermann for the second time . She lives in Berlin and Bonn.
Illner traveled to Iraq in June 2003 as an ambassador for the German Red Cross and to Pakistan in 2004 . She supports the association “ Show your face! For a cosmopolitan Germany e. V. “, which campaigns nationwide against xenophobia , racism , anti-Semitism and right-wing extremist violence.
- 2000: Hanns Joachim Friedrichs Prize for critical and independent television journalism
- 2001: Hans Klein Media Prize for her moderation of the ZDF talk show Berlin Mitte
- 2002 and 2007: Bambi
- 2003: Bavarian TV Prize
- 2004: German television award for the best information broadcast
- 2006: Hildegard von Bingen Prize for Journalism (according to the jury, Illner understood how to transform "the Anglo-Saxon form of information 'talk' into an independent and unmistakable media event")
- 2009: Golden Camera in the Best Information category
- Women in power. 21 influential women report from reality . Hugendubel, Kreuzlingen, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-7205-2649-6
- Politician German / German politician . Langenscheidt, Munich, Berlin 2007, ISBN 978-3-468-73190-7
- (with Ingke Brodersen ) Duck on the air. About the media and their makers . German Verl.-Anst., Munich 2003, ISBN 3-421-05751-6
- Short biography for: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 . . In:
- Maybrit Illner in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Literature by and about Maybrit Illner in the catalog of the German National Library
- Maybrit Illner. In: FemBio. Women's biography research (with references and citations).
- Maybrit Illner - The Polit-Talk on ZDF
- Talk show King Oskar Lafontaine by Lukas Hermsmeier on Cicero Online , January 23, 2009
- "Politics requires dedication" . Interview by Christoph Amend, Die Zeit , July 5, 2006
- ZDF : Matthias Fornoff becomes the new "heute" presenter / Maybrit Illner also moderates the "heute-journal" . August 2, 2010. Retrieved August 2, 2010.
- ZDF : Interview with Maybrit Illner . August 2, 2010. Retrieved August 2, 2010.
- ZDFheute's facebook page introduces the new moderator
- What does she find so sexy about this tough boss? gala.de. Accessed June 29, 2018
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Klose, Maybrit (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist, television presenter and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 12, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|