|Geographic location :|
|Postal code :||11-405|
|Telephone code :||(+48) 89|
|License plate :||NKE|
|Economy and Transport|
|Street :||Ryn - Ketrzyn|
Nakomiady [ nakɔˈmʲadɨ ] (German Eichmedien ) is a village in the Polish Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship . It belongs to the Gmina Kętrzyn (rural community Rastenburg) in the powiat Kętrzyński ( district Rastenburg ),
Nakomiady is located about ten kilometers southeast of the city of Rastenburg and 68 kilometers east of the city of Olsztyn ( Allenstein ).
The place was laid out between 1392 and 1396 by Komtur Konrad Kyburg as a manor village. He built a castle in the village. In 1402, the Grand Master of the Teutonic Order Ulrich von Jungingen renewed the privileges of the village according to Kulm law . The castle was later so badly destroyed that only the basement and the foundations remained.
The manor village received a new manor house in the 17th century, the construction of which was completed around 1680. The owner of the village was Johann von Hoverbeck , an advisor to Elector Friedrich Wilhelm of Brandenburg-Prussia , who had helped bring about the Treaty of Wehlau . The elector had given it to him in 1653 together with neighboring villages in gratitude for excellent diplomatic services. In 1789 the village was acquired by Friedrich von Redecker. It then remained in the possession of the Redecker family until 1930 .
Due to the provisions of the Versailles Treaty , the population voted in the referendums in East and West Prussia on July 11, 1920 on whether they would continue to belong to East Prussia (and thus Germany) or join Poland. In calibration media (estate and village) 540 residents voted to remain with East Prussia, Poland did not receive any votes.
The manor house was extensively renovated from 1998 and is now a hotel.
In 2008 the village had 670 inhabitants.
Sons and daughters
- Kurt Weidemann (1922–2011), graphic designer
- E. Titius: The inscription on Eichmedien Castle . In: Altpreußische Provinzial-Blätter , Volume 72, Königsberg 1869, pp. 225–233 ( full text )
- Adelheid Countess Eulenburg and Hans Engels: East Prussian manor houses in Poland. Present and memory . Beck, Munich 1992.
- Pałac Nakomiady website of the hotel (German, Polish)
- Historical Masurian Association: calibration media
- ostpreussen.net: calibration media
- Tadeusz Swat: Dzieje Wsi . In: Aniela Bałanda and others: Kętrzyn. Z dziejów miasta i okolic . Pojezierze, Olsztyn 1978 ( Seria monografii miast Warmii i Mazur ), pp. 209-210.
- Cholera Archives . Volume 3, Berlin 1832, pp. 126-127 .
- Herbert Marzian , Csaba Kenez : self-determination for East Germany. Documentation on the 50th anniversary of the East and West Prussian referendum on July 11, 1920. Editor: Göttinger Arbeitskreis , 1970, p. 112