|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Kufstein|
|License plate :||KU|
|Residents :||2,826 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||6342|
|Area code :||05373|
|Community code :||7 05 18|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Christian Ritzer (unit list)|
Municipal Council : (Election year: 2016)
|Location of Niederndorf in the Kufstein district|
Niederndorf from the south
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Culture and sights
- In the baroque village church (originally 1376) there are two carved figures of St. Katharina and Margaretha, around 1460.
- The late Gothic Margaret Chapel in the cemetery shows remains of paintings from the 16th century and modern frescoes on the north wall from 1962.
- The Gradl inn next to the church has frescoes from the 18th century.
Every year on December 29th the Thomasnacht takes place in the center of Niederndorf. At this village festival with mulled wine serenades and bars, the old year is driven out two days before New Year's Eve.
Every three years, a large carnival parade takes place on Carnival Saturday from 2:14 p.m. in the center of the village.
The community is characterized by agriculture, and several companies have set up shop in an industrial area. However, the majority of employed people commute to their workplaces in the surrounding communities or to Bavaria.
The community is a member of the Kufsteinerland Tourism Association .
From 1998 with the motor ship Tirol, from 2010 to 2011 with the 116-passenger ship St. Nikolaus, there was a tourist-oriented motor boat trip on the Inn from a little above the Oberaudorf-Ebbs power station about 9 km up the Inn to Kufstein. On a large part of this section, the river forms the state border with Germany on the left bank.
Sons and daughters of the church
- Franz Mair (1910–1945), high school professor, resistance fighter
- Zabine (Sabine Kapfinger) (* 1974), musician and dance teacher
- The last trip of the St. Nikolaus on the Inn 2011 ( Memento of the original from February 16, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , tirol-schiffahrt.at, website of Achenseeschiffahrt-GesmbH, Pertisau, detailed page on February 3, 2018 no longer available.