|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Kufstein|
|License plate :||KU|
|Residents :||3,398 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||6232|
|Area code :||05337|
|Community code :||7 05 17|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Werner Entner (Team Werner Entner)|
Municipal Council : (2016)
|Location of Münster in the Kufstein district|
Munster from the Vorderen Sonnwendjoch
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Located in the lower Inn Valley , Münster is located on a slight hill along part of the Rofan Mountains . The Vordere Sonnwendjoch (2224 m) and the Zireiner See on the edge of the Rofanspitze (2259 m) are located in the municipality .
The community consists of a single cadastral community or locality. Further districts are:
Then there are the castles Lichtenwerth and Lipperheide on the opposite inner side .
Münster is surrounded by four neighboring communities in the Schwaz district and two in the Kufstein district.
|Right on the Achensee||
Steinberg am Rofan
|Strass in the Zillertal||Reith im Alpbachtal|
badges and flags
On April 11, 1972, Münster was given a municipal coat of arms.
The blazon reads:
- "In a golden lace a dancer with a red robe and black skirt, in each of the black fields a golden glove."
This should be reminiscent of the Münster glove dance, a unique Tyrolean custom; Every year on Whit Monday on the Tegerwiese the most beautiful and best dancer was chosen for the price of a pair of gloves. In 1556 the dance festival, which has been celebrated since ancient times, was banned due to general political and civil circumstances.
The colors of the municipality flag are yellow and black.
Economy and Infrastructure
The most important sources of income are tourism and agriculture. There is a bottling plant for mineral water on the right bank of the Inn.
Münster has had a rehabilitation clinic for neurology, cardiovascular, lung and oncology since 2011.
Culture and sights
- The parish church Maria Himmelfahrt was built in the Gothic style and redesigned in 1746/47 in Baroque style.
- Lichtenwerth Castle
- Neumatzen Castle (Schlösschen Lipperheide, Neuschloss Matzen) (built in 1890)
- Matthäus Nagiller (1815–1874), composer and conductor
- Karl Niederist (1863–1926), member of the Reichsrat; Member of the Austrian National Council (until 1926)
- Johann "Hans" Fiechtl (1884–1925), Austrian alpinist and mountain guide, inventor of the Fiechtl hook
- Manfred Gamper , Austrian skibob driver (world champion)
- Eva-Maria Brem (* 1988), Austrian ski racer (Olympic participant 2010)
- Manuel Moser (* 1997), Austrian marksman (World Champion 2014)
- Helga Blank: Münster . Münster municipality, Münster 1997.
- Münster Rehabilitation Clinic . official website