|coat of arms||Austria map|
|Political District :||Kufstein|
|License plate :||KU|
|Residents :||2,848 (January 1, 2020)|
|Postal code :||6352|
|Area code :||05358|
|Community code :||7 05 09|
|Address of the
|Mayor :||Nikolaus Manzl (Ellmau People's List)|
Municipal Council : (2016)
|Location of Ellmau in the Kufstein district|
|Source: Municipal data from Statistics Austria|
Ellmau is located at the foot of the Wilder Kaiser nature reserve at 820 m above sea level in Söllandl , nestled between the limestone massif of the Wilder Kaiser in the north and the Hartkaiser in the south, around 17 km from the Kufstein- Süd motorway exit . The settlement area extends over the entire Ellmauer Sattel , which forms the watershed between the Inn and Großache .
Kirchdorf in Tirol
Scheffau am Wilden Kaiser
Going am Wilden Kaiser ,
Reith bei Kitzbühel
Kirchberg in Tirol ,
Brixen im Thale
The place was first mentioned in a document in 1153–1156 in a document from the Herrenchiemsee monastery . At that time, Sigboto von Stöttham (near Chieming , Upper Bavaria) transferred ownership of Horngach in " Elmǒwe " and his servants to the monastery. Around 1240 Ellmau belonged to the Söllland court , to which the places Scheffau and Niederau belonged. Today only the wisdoms that provide interesting information about the jurisdiction of that time have survived. Ellmau was a well-known trading center even in ancient times. Since the village lies on the route between Kufstein and Innsbruck , a post office was built around 1616 , which was administered by the Kaisermann family until the 20th century.
In the Middle Ages, Tyrol was administered by landlords. For the purpose of overview, the Schrannen were divided into so-called "quarters". Ellmau consisted of three quarters: Ellmauer Viertel, Weißacher Viertel and Rieser Viertel. In the 19th century, the political municipality of Ellmau was formed from these quarters, and in 1850 the quarters of Ellmau, Scheffau and Söll were combined into one municipality with the name Söll. On October 4, 1865, however, the area was again divided into three independent communities.
To this day, Ellmau has developed into a tourist destination . The connection to the third largest ski area Wilder Kaiser-Brixental made the place into a large winter sports region, which with almost 1 million overnight stays per year is one of the front runners in the Tyrolean lowlands .
- Church history
The parish of Ellmaus originally belonged to the original parish of Söll , which was assigned to the diocese of Salzburg . From 1217 to 1817 Söll was part of the Chiemsee diocese . A church in Ellmau is first mentioned in 1214 , which was looked after from Söll. In 1463 the place received pastoral care for the first time. In 1558 Ellmau was made a curate , but still remained subordinate to the parish of Söll. About 320 years later, Ellmau was given parish status.
The municipal council has a total of 15 members.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Tyrol in 1998, the municipal council had the following distribution: 10 Ellmau People's List, 4 Freedom - Independent Citizens' List, and 1 Democrats for Ellmau - SPÖ and party-free.
- With the municipal council and mayor elections in Tyrol in 2004, the municipal council had the following distribution: 8 Ellmau People's Lists, 5 Ellmau Independent Citizens' List, and 2 Democrats for Ellmau - SPÖ and party-free.
- With the municipal council and mayor elections in Tyrol in 2010 , the municipal council had the following distribution: 8 Ellmau People's Lists, 5 Ellmau Independent Citizens' List, and 2 Democrats for Ellmau - SPÖ and party-free.
- With the municipal council and mayoral elections in Tyrol in 2016 , the municipal council has the following distribution: 7 Ellmau People's List, 4 Ellmau Independent Citizens List, 3 Plus for Ellmau, and 1 Democrat for Ellmau - SPÖ and party-free.
- since 2003 Nikolaus Manzl (Ellmauer Volksliste)
Culture and sights
- Catholic parish church Ellmau hl. Michael
- Wegmacher farmhouse: local history museum
Movie and TV
Ellmau is the central location of the television series Der Bergdoktor with Hans Sigl as the main actor. There are also recordings of the VOX music programs One Night Song and Sing my Song - The Christmas Concert .
Sport and tourism
- two golf courses: "Kaisergolf" (9-hole) and "Golf Course Wilder Kaiser" (27-hole)
- a large adventure pool
- a 10- seater gondola lift (built in 2015) on the Hartkaiser and thus connection to the large ski area Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental, which extends to the Hohe Salve in the west
"Hinterschnabel" farm in Faistenbichl, "Bergdoktorpraxis" in the TV series Der Bergdoktor
- General information on the community of Ellmau
- Ellmau gigapixel panorama (13,000 megapixels)
- Ellmau , in the history database ofthe association "fontes historiae - sources of history"
- Martin Bitschnau , Hannes Obermair (arrangement): Tiroler Urkundenbuch , II. Dept .: The documents on the history of the Inn, Eisack and Pustertal valleys , Vol. 2: 1140–1200 . Innsbruck: Wagner 2012, ISBN 978-3-7030-0485-8 , p. 78f. No. 474.
- Chronicle - Congregation. Retrieved August 15, 2019 .