Players Championship 2019
Coral Players Championship 2019
|Tournament type:||World ranking tournament|
|Venue:||Preston Guild Hall,
Preston , England
|Opening:||4th March 2019|
|Endgame:||March 10, 2019
|Highest Break:||140 ( Neil Robertson )|
The Coral Players Championship 2019 was a snooker tournament of the 2018/19 snooker season , which was held from March 4 to 10, 2019 in Preston , England . The qualification took place across all tournaments of the season played up to then: The top 16 of the one-year ranking from the Riga Masters 2018 to the Snooker Shoot-Out 2019 were eligible to start.
For the first time the Players Championship was part of a tournament series called Coral Cup , which was sponsored by the betting company Coral . Before that, the World Grand Prix was held with the top 32 of the season ranking, followed by the newly introduced Tour Championship , the top 8 final.
Last year's winner Ronnie O'Sullivan was the first to defend this title.
The prize pool of £ 380,000 and the distribution were unchanged from last year.
|Quarter finalist||£ 15,000|
|Round of 16||£ 10,000|
|Highest break||£ 5,000|
|All in all||£ 380,000|
All rounds except for the final were played in best-of-11 mode. Best of 19 was played in the final.
|Round of 16
best of 11 frames
Best of 11 frames
best of 11 frames
Best of 19 frames
In the last frame of the finale, Ronnie O'Sullivan played the 1000th century of his career. He narrowly missed the premium for the highest break with 134 points because after punching the black ball in the corner pocket, the white ball fell into a center pocket and O'Sullivan committed a foul. Therefore, the seven points for the punched black ball were not credited to him, but to his opponent Neil Robertson . Since he had scored a 140 break in his semi-final game, the award for the highest break of the tournament went to him.
Final: Best of 19 Frames
Referee: Terry Camilleri Preston Guild Hall, Preston , England , March 10, 2019
|Ronnie O'Sullivan||10 : 4||Neil Robertson|
Session 1: 73 : 1 (67), 118 : 0 (52, 66), 70 : 9 (70), 90 : 25 (65), 50: 71 (O'Sullivan 50, Robertson 65), 116 : 7 ( 116), 71 : 14 (56), 29: 78 (78), 105 : 6 (105)
Session 2: 0: 120 (120), 90 : 5 (90), 0: 71 , 80 : 24, 134 : 7 (134)
Eight players played a total of 24 Centurys. Ronnie O'Sullivan played the 1000th century of his career in the last frame of the finale.
- Coral To Sponsor New Snooker Series. In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association , November 21, 2018, accessed February 25, 2019 .
- Indicative Prize Money Rankings Schedule 2018/2019 Season. (PDF; 108 kB) In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association, July 18, 2018, accessed February 25, 2019 .
- Coral Players Championship Line Up Confirmed. In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association, February 25, 2019, accessed February 25, 2019 .
- Coral Players Championship (2019). In: snooker.org. Retrieved February 25, 2019 .
- Ronnie O'Sullivan - The Millennial Man. In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association , March 10, 2019, accessed March 10, 2019 .
- Centuries on World Snooker.Retrieved March 10, 2019